Contribute
Register

1TB + support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,

Does Chimera support HDD's bigger than 1 TB?
If not, request 1TB+ HDD support...

Keep up the good work, for me You guys are bigger than Steve Jobs, by far. :D :D :D

Didn't worked for me with 1TB + Chimera =/ Btw, usb-stick -> ftw

Agreed I have 2 TB drive and I had to partition it to get it working

So does Chimera currently support 1+ TB drives to boot on and I just missed the change log on that? I ask since, at the moment, it appears it's working just fine on a 2TB drive I have.

Due to a long battle with Windows 7 sysprep and the installer on my brand new Hackintosh set-up to replace my old Hackintosh, I ended up putting Snow Leopard on a 2TB drive that I partitioned so that it would be 1 TB exactly for the Mac and whatever left was set up for a Windows partition so I sanctioned it off into FAT32. While losing my fight with the Win 7 installer, I ended up deleting the partition and making it back into free space from the Win 7 installer. Later on, in a sleep deprived state, I decided to extend the Mac partition through Disk Utility back over the free space and thus having a 2TB Mac partition again. Looking at it right now, it appears that it's booting fine from the 2TB drive with no other partitions -_-;;

I have a 1.5TB NTFS USB Drive.. My System will not boot with this drive attached.

I guess 1TB+ support is for HFS+ but not for the other file systems..

I would love not having to disconnect my USB drive when ever I boot up my systems...

snugglez64 said:
I have a 1.5TB NTFS USB Drive.. My System will not boot with this drive attached.

I would love not having to disconnect my USB drive when ever I boot up my systems...
WHERE THE HELL DID YOU GET THAT???
Also put it in after you boot

ollien said:
snugglez64 said:

WHERE THE HELL DID YOU GET THAT???
Also put it in after you boot

lol! It's an external USB hard drive..
This is where i got it...
http://www.makro.co.za/p/36856/samsung- ... ard-drive/

Can anyone confirm 2TB support ? I can't boot snow leopard on WD green WD20EARS sata 3 drive.

Kobukson said:
So does Chimera currently support 1+ TB drives to boot on and I just missed the change log on that? I ask since, at the moment, it appears it's working just fine on a 2TB drive I have.

Due to a long battle with Windows 7 sysprep and the installer on my brand new Hackintosh set-up to replace my old Hackintosh, I ended up putting Snow Leopard on a 2TB drive that I partitioned so that it would be 1 TB exactly for the Mac and whatever left was set up for a Windows partition so I sanctioned it off into FAT32. While losing my fight with the Win 7 installer, I ended up deleting the partition and making it back into free space from the Win 7 installer. Later on, in a sleep deprived state, I decided to extend the Mac partition through Disk Utility back over the free space and thus having a 2TB Mac partition again. Looking at it right now, it appears that it's booting fine from the 2TB drive with no other partitions -_-;;

Kobukson said:
Looking at it right now, it appears that it's booting fine from the 2TB drive with no other partitions -_-;;

I can confirm this. I posted this information in the bug report area. Basically if you install the OS on a partition 1TB or smaller on a drive that is greater than that size and you install your boot loader, you can then expand the partition out to the rest of the drive and still boot from it fine. However, the bad part of this is that the problem with Chimera appears to be with the part of it that installs the boot loader to the drive. I am currently running off of a 3tb drive, booting from it as my main drive. The issue is, now that it is expanded out and I have about 2tb of data on it, I can no longer update my boot loader until the issue is resolved. This isn't that major an issue for me though as my system is working flawlessly at present.

Wonder if any future plans to incorporate bigger partitions? I am just going to stick to USB booting for the time being... Easier than shifting my data around etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back