Contribute
Register

1st timer, once in a lifetime budget, cant mess up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4
CPU
i7-5820K [email protected]
Graphics
GTX 970
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hey :)

I have about $2500 to make a PC and get studio monitors out of what (if at all) i can save.

Core i7-4930K Processor
Gigabyte GA-Z97-D3H
Samsung 840 EVO 1TB
Corsair RM 650 Watt
Cooler Master Elite 130
EVGA GeForce GTX 750 2GB FTW

RAM depends on whats available in the market.

I have two things to do with this PC
1) Pro grade Music Production (on mac and windows as well)
2) GTA V PC :D

Will this configuration work?

I don't like the idea of can't mess up, lol. You are making something 'experimental', but don't worry, you should be fine, just don't be dettered by minor issues when you are trying to get everything up and running. You haven't listed your memory requirements, but I assume it's something with 16gb+ of ram. Your configuration will work but for that processor (which although great, isn't the best bang for your buck), you really should be getting something better than a $125 gpu.

Best bang for buck and hackintosh compliant gpu:
$200 range = gtx 960
$250 range = r9 280x
$350 range = gtx 970
$450+ range = gtx 980

The last one might need some more tweaking than most to get working perfectly. Here's tom's hardware gpu hierarchy: http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/gaming-graphics-card-review,review-32899-7.html

If you stick with the 650w psu, it's overkill for a 750 card. Even with a gtx 970 you can get away with 450w psu (500w for r9 280x - the r9 cards draw more power), however you'd want something in the 500+ w range to be safe. Also quality is more important than wattage: see this list. Tier 2+ psu typically last 5years+. http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/id-2547993/psu-tier-list.html

Finally, with dual boot os, you're better off having 2 separate ssd's (say 250gb each) and a third storage hdd for your audio files.

If you are doing professional sound editing, you will want to look at a separate sound card because onboard is great, but may not meet your requirements. Having a separate sound card and getting it to work in mac is beyond my experience so google it, but in windows you'll have no issues.

Soooo very sorry for this horribly late reply! :p
Thank you so very much for your post and i didnt get anything like whats posted there :mrgreen:
I think you can see my config... tell me what you think?

P.S.
Got this PC a week or two after that post but couldn't find time to put into Hackintoshing it :p
Now its been running for a week or so and i finally got my account back so thought of updating and keeping in touch with everyone here

Cheers :headbang:

(that awkward moment when P.S. is bigger than the intended message :lol:)

Mobo and CPU are not compatible : mobo is LGA1150 and CPU is LGA2011. All nVidia cards you list are from Maxwell generation, and not supported, so I would go with a R9 280X, preferably used, to save from costs. CPU wise go with a LGA 1150. Why do you need studio monitors for music production? Get a 32" 1080P, TV it is very comfortable to look at from 2 feet away.

Upgrade graphics card to GTX 970 or 980. It will give you a lot of performance with GTA V.
Also, use 250GB Samsum SSD 850 Evo + 2TB WD hard disk instead of 1TB Samsum SSD 840 Evo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back