Intel® 630 / Radeon RX580 Pulse
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Advice please:-

Background:
I used to build all my PCs, and I had nine up and running until I bought my first Mac Mini about 12 years ago.

Since then bought a swag of iMacs/Macbook Pros/Mac Minis....

My current Mac Mini a Late 2012 i7 Quad 2.6GHz is getting on a bit. I've been waiting for Apple to sell another Mac Mini more powerful..... A very long wait.

So time to Hackintosh it.

I have ordered off the list for CustoMac Mini Deluxe:

Gigabyte Z370N WIFI
Core i7-8700K
Corsair H60 (Water)
Crucial Ballistix Sport LT (16GB)
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB
Corsair CS 650 Watt (550 not available)
BitFenix Phenom (Black)

Also

powerday®BCM94360CS2/BCM943224PCIEBT2 Card To NGFF(M.2) Key A/E Adapter for Mac OS to be fully MacOS compatible BT/Wifi

NOT bought a graphics card - yet - Hoping to use onboard graphics to 'prove' it then commit to buying a

EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 SC Black

Also ordered Anti Static ESD NOSHOCK Grounding Bench Mat Kit, 600 x 500mm, Blue or Grey with earthing strap etc.

Is this viable? Will I need anything else?

I have 16GB USB drives.

Also hoping to put a 128GB SSD in for a boot of Windows 10 so I can play Squad? Not essential but desirable if possible.

Any feedback would be much appreciated ........

It is a lot of money to spend on a hope :)

You should be able to get High Sierra working on that build with no problems. See these guides:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/search/49493642/?q=Z370N+WIFI&o=date&c[node]=17

Also note that the powerday adapter does not include the wifi card.

This adapter can convert BCM94360CS2/BCM943224PCIEBT2 card to NGFF(M.2) Key A/E interface for Mac OS and Hackintosh
-Features and Specification:
- 1. This adapter does not contain BCM94360CS2/BCM943224PCIEBT2 card.

Also note that the powerday adapter does not include the wifi card.

This adapter can convert BCM94360CS2/BCM943224PCIEBT2 card to NGFF(M.2) Key A/E interface for Mac OS and Hackintosh
-Features and Specification:
- 1. This adapter does not contain BCM94360CS2/BCM943224PCIEBT2 card.

Many thanks for spotting that.

Can you advise what I need to do to get both wifi/BT running with full MacOS compatibility for the setup listed above?

Can you advise what I need to do to get both wifi/BT running with full MacOS compatibility for the setup listed above?
Install the card and connect everything and it should work OOB. It's that way for many of the genuine Apple used native wifi/bt cards like the BCM94360CS2.

BCM94360CS2 has been working extremely well for me. I'm using the same adaptor that you have linked in post #1.

Install the card and connect everything and it should work OOB. It's that way for many of the Apple branded wifi/bt cards.

Sorry to be a pain - I am coming at this from a cold start.....

My understanding is that the Mobo listed above in the spec has an M2 card with wifi and BT with it.

But for various reasons the card does not work with MacOS well and I need the adapter which I assume goes into the M2 slot and the existing M2 card somehow piggy backs?

Again, sorry my ignorance is as broad as it is deep...

OK getting there I think......

Crash course on Hackintosh....

in order to be OOB compatible with MacOS it is best to use an Apple BT/Wifi component

i.e.

Broadcom Bcm94360cs2 Bcm94360cs2ax Bcm4360 Bluetooth Bt Wireless Wifi Card Module for Apple Laptop A1465 A1466 653-0023 802.11ac

This can be installed into an adapter to PCI e or M2, because I need the PCIe the best way is the M2....

powerday®BCM94360CS2/BCM943224PCIEBT2 Card To NGFF(M.2) Key A/E Adapter For Mac OS

Ok the noob is learning :)

Thanks for being patient.......

OK getting there I think......

Crash course on Hackintosh....

in order to be OOB compatible with MacOS it is best to use an Apple BT/Wifi component

i.e.

Broadcom Bcm94360cs2 Bcm94360cs2ax Bcm4360 Bluetooth Bt Wireless Wifi Card Module for Apple Laptop A1465 A1466 653-0023 802.11ac

This can be installed into an adapter to PCI e or M2, because I need the PCIe the best way is the M2....

powerday®BCM94360CS2/BCM943224PCIEBT2 Card To NGFF(M.2) Key A/E Adapter For Mac OS

Ok the noob is learning :)

Thanks for being patient.......

You can see this post for more info.

You can see this post for more info.

Excellent many thanks indeed.

Much appreciated, it will be mid next week before everything gets here.

Will MacOS work OOB with the graphics on the mobo "Integrated Graphics Processor-Intel® HD Graphics support"?

It says it supports 1 x DisplayPort, supporting a maximum resolution of 4096x2304@60 Hz which will drive my new monitor, a 4k Viewsonic. I am not using it for gaming just being able to have several spreadsheets and presentations open simultaneously.

I'll add a 1070 card for gaming later.

Excellent many thanks indeed.

Much appreciated, it will be mid next week before everything gets here.

Will MacOS work OOB with the graphics on the mobo "Integrated Graphics Processor-Intel® HD Graphics support"?

It says it supports 1 x DisplayPort, supporting a maximum resolution of 4096x2304@60 Hz which will drive my new monitor, a 4k Viewsonic. I am not using it for gaming just being able to have several spreadsheets and presentations open simultaneously.

I'll add a 1070 card for gaming later.

The iGPU should work fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back