Contribute
Register

1st hackintosh: Question regarding z68xp-ud4 dsdt F?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
First of all here is my build:

mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD4 - F?
cpu: Intel 2500k
graphics: Gigabyte 6870c-1gd
psu: modxstream-pro 600 watts
ssd: vertex 3 - 128 gb
ram: 4 gb g.skill sniper series

Hey, so this is my first hackintosh build. I am using tonymac's iboot and multibeast instructions to install snow leopard. I have just installed snow leopard and I am ready to use multibeast. How do I know which dsdt to download between the F2, F3, and F4, which are all options for my motherboard in the dsdt database?

Thanks!!!

MMM_Burger said:

Hey, so this is my first hackintosh build. I am using tonymac's iboot and multibeast instructions to install snow leopard. I have just installed snow leopard and I am ready to use multibeast. How do I know which dsdt to download between the F2, F3, and F4, which are all options for my motherboard in the dsdt database?

Thanks!!!

well i will just say first you should have done your bios upgrade before your install.
if you dont know what bios you have look at your first bios screen and it will tell you,
the obvious choice most people would go with, is the latest and most current bios available by the motherboard manufacturer...in your case the f4 as you write,so you need the dsdt which matches. :thumbup:

hardmantosh said:
MMM_Burger said:

Thanks!!!

well i will just say first you should have done your bios upgrade before your install.
if you dont know what bios you have look at your first bios screen and it will tell you,
the obvious choice most people would go with, is the latest and most current bios available by the motherboard manufacturer...in your case the f4 as you write,so you need the dsdt which matches. :thumbup:

Ok, so I am going to reflash the bios to f4. Will I need to reformat the drive and reinstall snow leopard after? Again, thanks for the help!

MMM_Burger said:
hardmantosh said:
[quote="MMM_Burger":g0bvo7ew]First of all here is my build:

Thanks!!!

Ok, so I am going to reflash the bios to f4. Will I need to reformat the drive and reinstall snow leopard after? Again, thanks for the help![/quote:g0bvo7ew]

the only honest answer from myself on your last is everybodies case is different ,some are able to boot again and others are not,,so if your unable to do such before you wipe,i would recommend giving rboot a go and try rescue first.... :thumbup:

Same MotherBoard here,

Please share how you activated your audio driver for your MB

My Sys Config is below

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD4
(4x4) 16 GB CORSAIR RAM
ASUS GTX 560 TI 1024 MB Nvidia Card
Intel 2600K 3.4 Ghz Processor

kernel panic when installing audio driver (VoodooHDA 2.7.2)
Please help me

I have the same motherboard and I got the audio working with MultiBeast and ALC8xxHDA and then Non-DSDT HDAEnabler (option ALC889)

hi, I have the same MB, and the i72600k cpu

I cant install;
iBoot shows up properly, and i load the SL-dvd, hit f5, it shows the grey screen with an apple,
the rotating lines....and then i get the little white ban-sign.

it reads "waiting for root device..." when i use -v, and I
have read all hints here, about changing this and that in the BIOs... Its just that
none of the advices in the forum applies directly, they all have options in the BIOS that i dont.
I have tried all the lines to enter before hitting enter, "pciroot...etc" starting in safe-mode.
I have also tried an usb-cdrom, but it isnt reckognized, seen, mounted.

Did you guys experience the little ban-icon, waiting for root device?
and if so, how did you bypass it?

crome23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back