Contribute
Register

1st Hackintosh, Installation Problems, Please Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Performed a clean install of Mavericks. Had to use -x to do it, and also to continue to boot into mavericks, but it worked. Now i have another problem: I can't get any usb thumb drives to work on mavericks, therefore I can't install multibeast. The only one that'll work is the unibeast thumbdrive I made earlier. I've tried formatting the thumb drives every which way I could to get mavericks to recognize it to no avail. Disk utility sees it, but can't mount it. I thought I had it, but now I'm starting to lose patience!

If the unibeast drive works just install Multi Beast onto that then drag the app
to the desktop and run it on your Mavericks installation on the HDD.

OK, I think I properly installed the Multibeast tools. My desktop fits the screen now, but my graphics are still screwy. How do I fix that? I would like to use the wifi USB adaptor I just bought, but OS X doesn't recognize it. Is there any way I can use it? It's a Netgear WNDA3100. I have no audio, but I'm pretty sure I installed the correct codec. My m/b uses Realtek ALC898. Plus, all my backups are on my WD My Book Essential external hard drive, and OS X is recognizing it either. It shows up in disk utility, however.

I re-ran multibeast just for s**ts and giggles, and now my computer boots to the grey screen with the Apple logo and just sits there. Can someone please help me out? This shouldn't be so difficult!

If you can list what you set in MultiBeast then it would be a start. The thing is it probably faster to do a new installation than to spend time resolving all of the incorrect options that you decided to install just for kicks.

If you know what you installed then if you go to multi beast.com, then you will discover where each kext is placed. You need to remove each of these individually. If you have selected many different options or EasyBeast / User DSDT, starting from scratch is your only option.

Booting -x is safe mode and will run basic graphics and no audio. If you can get to the desktop, then you could amend a couple of light incorrect choices.

Adrian B

If you can list what you set in MultiBeast then it would be a start. The thing is it probably faster to do a new installation than to spend time resolving all of the incorrect options that you decided to install just for kicks.

If you know what you installed then if you go to multi beast.com, then you will discover where each kext is placed. You need to remove each of these individually. If you have selected many different options or EasyBeast / User DSDT, starting from scratch is your only option.

Booting -x is safe mode and will run basic graphics and no audio. If you can get to the desktop, then you could amend a couple of light incorrect choices.

Adrian B
Thanks Adrian. I can't boot to the desktop no matter what I try. I tried -x and -v -f -x. I'd hate to have to reinstall it all over again! Is that my only recourse or are there more flags I could try?

Thanks Adrian. I can't boot to the desktop no matter what I try. I tried -x and -v -f -x. I'd hate to have to reinstall it all over again! Is that my only recourse or are there more flags I could try?

There are boot flags listed in Step 4 of the 10.9 Installation Guide:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/374-unibeast-install-os-x-mavericks-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

It is difficult to make recommendations of the best options to use as I don't think you really remember what was selected. Without that information there is no information to work back from. A fresh installation would use your UniBeast flash drive and reformat your HDD an re-install Mavericks. Make and keep notes. If you have a second drive available you might be able to get it running and possibly still get some files off the broken installation.

Adrian B

There are boot flags listed in Step 4 of the 10.9 Installation Guide:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/374-unibeast-install-os-x-mavericks-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

It is difficult to make recommendations of the best options to use as I don't think you really remember what was selected. Without that information there is no information to work back from. A fresh installation would use your UniBeast flash drive and reformat your HDD an re-install Mavericks. Make and keep notes. If you have a second drive available you might be able to get it running and possibly still get some files off the broken installation.

Adrian B
I used GraphicsEnabler=No and was able to boot into mavericks. Here's what I"m pretty sure I used in multibeast. Should I reinstall a fresh mavericks and start over?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    996.3 KB · Views: 92
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back