Contribute
Register

1st Hackintosh for ADOBE CS6 and Gaming Dual Boot Win/OSX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
motherboard OR System make and model names > See Rules!
CPU
i5-3570K
Graphics
GTX 1660 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
This will be my first attempt at a dual boot Windows and OSX machine so let me know if this hardware looks hackable, Thanks!

Is there any issue with using G.Skill Ripjaws RAM instead of the Corsair? There seems to be a bit of price difference.
Also for budget purposes I might go for EVGA 02G-P4-2645-KR GeForce GT 640 2GB 128-bit DDR3

Still need advice on a compatible optical drive, right now I've got: LG Black 18X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 8X DVD+R

Thanks for any advice/help y'all can offer, super excited to get buildin!

P.S. This machine will be used for about 50/50 windows:gaming/mac:graphic design

This will be my first attempt at a dual boot Windows and OSX machine so let me know if this hardware looks hackable, Thanks!

Is there any issue with using G.Skill Ripjaws RAM instead of the Corsair? There seems to be a bit of price difference.
Also for budget purposes I might go for EVGA 02G-P4-2645-KR GeForce GT 640 2GB 128-bit DDR3

Still need advice on a compatible optical drive, right now I've got: LG Black 18X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 8X DVD+R

Thanks for any advice/help y'all can offer, super excited to get buildin!

P.S. This machine will be used for about 50/50 windows:gaming/mac:graphic design

Hello, and welcome to TonyMacX86 site.
As for the RAM Q, I would check to manufacturer websites to see if that G.Skill ram is compatible with your new ASUS board.
As for the Video Card, are you going to be working with 2k, 4k, or 10bit and higher video files? Wait, you also mentioned games. The GTX660 Ti would be the best choice if you want to game.
For the Optical Drive check the WiKi page to see if it's compatible.

Other then that good luck with your new build.

My choice definitely A G skill , in 3rd gen i noticed native 1600 MHZ with out change in bios !!

GT 640 work's oob in 10.8.2 great and cheap card but you need GTX 660 for better Gaming performance

PSU corsair TX 650 instead of CM M600

monitor why don't you try DELL U2312HM :?:

Thanks so much for the help guys. So far I've already bought the monitors, case, the i5 3570k processor, and the ASUS motherboard.

Out of these three memory options, was wonderin if you had experience with one outperforming the other. Gonna look in to benchmarks tomorrow, and the corsair one below says its compatible with dual core, but nothing bout quad core...

[h=1]CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB (2 x 8GB)[/h][h=1]G.SKILL Ares Series 16GB (2 x 8GB)[/h][h=1]G.SKILL Sniper Gaming Series 16GB (2 x 8GB)[/h]Also for the same price as the 2gb GTX 660 there is a 3gb version that looks awesome:[h=1]MSI N660TI TF 3GD5/OC GeForce GTX 660 Ti 3GB[/h]
Thanks again for all the help, sorry if some of this is a no-brainer, I'm not new to assembling, but def new to hackintosh builds.

Thanks so much for the help guys. So far I've already bought the monitors, case, the i5 3570k processor, and the ASUS motherboard.

Out of these three memory options, was wonderin if you had experience with one outperforming the other. Gonna look in to benchmarks tomorrow, and the corsair one below says its compatible with dual core, but nothing bout quad core...

[h=1]CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB (2 x 8GB)[/h][h=1]G.SKILL Ares Series 16GB (2 x 8GB)[/h][h=1]G.SKILL Sniper Gaming Series 16GB (2 x 8GB)[/h]Also for the same price as the 2gb GTX 660 there is a 3gb version that looks awesome:[h=1]MSI N660TI TF 3GD5/OC GeForce GTX 660 Ti 3GB[/h]
Thanks again for all the help, sorry if some of this is a no-brainer, I'm not new to assembling, but def new to hackintosh builds.

Corsair's, customer service has never done me wrong. And, several friends love G.Skill.

On the GPU, the Gigabyte model seems to work well in OSX.

Yo, what's up with Totoro man? Did you give him an umbrella? :)

Hahah! Totoro's my homie!

I went with the Gskill even though my mobo doesn't have it on the list of compatible RAM, but then again the QVL only lists one 16gb(4x4gb) RAM even though it has a max of 32gb...weird.

I ended up scoopin that MSI GPU too cuz it was such a good deal. We'll see how it goes...

Btw if anyone lives near a Micro Center store, I found the cheapest i5 3570k CPU, store pickup only tho:
http://www.microcenter.com/product/388577/Core_i5_3570K_34GHz_LGA_1155_Processor

Hahah! Totoro's my homie!

I went with the Gskill even though my mobo doesn't have it on the list of compatible RAM, but then again the QVL only lists one 16gb(4x4gb) RAM even though it has a max of 32gb...weird.

I ended up scoopin that MSI GPU too cuz it was such a good deal. We'll see how it goes...

Btw if anyone lives near a Micro Center store, I found the cheapest i5 3570k CPU, store pickup only tho:
http://www.microcenter.com/product/388577/Core_i5_3570K_34GHz_LGA_1155_Processor

I couldn't find a set of 32GB of ram either. So, I went with 16 also. I have found that the RAM vendors update their compatible lists more often.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back