Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi there
I'm about to build my first Hackintosh. As I don't have experience yet with the tooling around Hackintosh I've tried to choose components that run out of the box. With my current knowledge this build shouldn't do any problems:

• Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H, Z77, LGA1155, PCI-E 3.0, CF/SLI, ATX
  • Intel Core i7 3770 BOX, 3.5GHz, LGA 1155, 4C/8T
  • Corsair Vengeance, 4x8GB, DDR3-1600, [email protected]
  • Palit GTX-680 2GB GDDR5, PCI-E x16 3.0
  • Hitachi Deskstar 5K3000, 5400rpm, 32MB, 2TB, SATA-3
  • 2x OCZ Vector 256GB, SATA-3, 2.5 Zoll, 7mm
  • LG BH10LS, BluRay/DVD, LS, SATA
  • Corsair Graphite 600T Mesh Midi-Tower
  • be quiet! Straight Power E9 CM, 680 Watt, 80 Plus Gold
  • Noctua NH-U12P SE2, Sockel 1366/1155/AM3

Can a more experienced user confirm my assumption or give me any advices?

Hi there
I'm about to build my first Hackintosh. As I don't have experience yet with the tooling around Hackintosh I've tried to choose components that run out of the box. With my current knowledge this build shouldn't do any problems:

• Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H, Z77, LGA1155, PCI-E 3.0, CF/SLI, ATX
  • Intel Core i7 3770 BOX, 3.5GHz, LGA 1155, 4C/8T
  • Corsair Vengeance, 4x8GB, DDR3-1600, [email protected]
  • Palit GTX-680 2GB GDDR5, PCI-E x16 3.0
  • Hitachi Deskstar 5K3000, 5400rpm, 32MB, 2TB, SATA-3
  • 2x OCZ Vector 256GB, SATA-3, 2.5 Zoll, 7mm
  • LG BH10LS, BluRay/DVD, LS, SATA
  • Corsair Graphite 600T Mesh Midi-Tower
  • be quiet! Straight Power E9 CM, 680 Watt, 80 Plus Gold
  • Noctua NH-U12P SE2, Sockel 1366/1155/AM3

Can a more experienced user confirm my assumption or give me any advices?
I would swap the OCZs for Samsungs or Crucials (personal preference on this - had a bad experience with several different versions of OCZ) and I am not sure the BDR will allow sleep if that is important to you. Pioneer BDR-207D BK is known to work well and allows sleep. Otherwise it looks OK

The Crucial M4 may be reliable, but it's kind of old and slow, by comparison. If he needs an SSD as fast as the Vector, Intel's 520 or Samsung 840 Pro would be better choices.

After doing further research regarding SSD's, I've come to the conclusion that the Mushkin Chronos Deluxe series are the "best". They have around a 490Mb/s read AND write, whereas the Sandisk and Crucial have much slower write speeds...this is due to the Deluxe using Toggle NAND architecture. Also, the Deluxe is only about $180, depending on where you buy it.

I too will be building my first hackintosh using pretty much what you have selected. Are there any do's or dont's you can elaborate on? much appreciated.

I would swap the OCZs for Samsungs or Crucials (personal preference on this - had a bad experience with several different versions of OCZ) and I am not sure the BDR will allow sleep if that is important to you. Pioneer BDR-207D BK is known to work well and allows sleep. Otherwise it looks OK

Thanks for the advice, I will change the BDR. As far as I know, the SSD doesn't affect compatibility with a Hackintosh or does it matter from that perspective? According to the benchmarks I've found on different sites, the OCZ Vector seems to be the fatest (first OCZ SSD with own controller).
However I've the impression that each site lists another SSD as #1 in their benchmarks. I've right now running a Crucial C300 in my MBP early 2011 and it works fine - but not as fast as the new gen SSDs.

Just updated my system to an 3770k and the UD5H MB.
The "auto" option to configure the CPU was bad! Gigabyte ist overclocking higher and the vcore was very high. Make sure ur system is running the way it is supposed to be.
Nevertheless a great system, after the correct BIOS settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back