Graphics
navida geforce gtx 550 ti
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Could some one please help me I have a couple of motherboards but don't know which one I should get.

1) GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3

3) GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H[h=1]
4) GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-D3H
[/h]5)GIGABYTE GA-Z68XP-UD3P

Depends on what other hardware to go with it.
What CPU? Sandy Bridge or Ivy Bridge?
Do you plan on overclocking?
Onboard iGPU HD3000/4000 or discrete gfx card?

Makes a big difference.

I'm using a Ivy bridge and a 550ti graphic card.

I'm using a Ivy bridge and a 550ti graphic card.

Ivy bridge CPU kinda throws out the Z68 Sandy Bridge boards due to problems with trying to update to UEFI BIOS and both of your listed Z77 boards have unsupported audio and/or LAN NICs.

Your best bet is either a GA-Z77X-UD4H, Z77X-UD5H or a -UP5 TH or go with one of the new boards - GA-Z77-HD3 or GA-Z77-HD4

As for the 550TI - See http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...00-nvidia-550ti-sleep-wake-freeze-thread.html

EDIT: Just looked at Newegg and Amazon and it seems the HD3 and HD4 boards haven't hit retail yet.

How about if I go with a sandy bridge?

How about if I go with a sandy bridge?

Any one of the boards here http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2011/11/building-sandy-bridge-customac-buyers.html would do very well in the earlier versions. If you find one you like check the specs on the different versions of the board before buying - manufacturers have the habit of changing parts in different versions. For instance, the GA-Z77X-DS3H Rev.1.0 was compatible, but rev 1.1 they changed the NIC and now LAN won't work on that board.

So if I chose to go with the GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 I shouldn't have any problems right? How do I know which version [FONT=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]this board is? And what do I change the bios setting of this board to?
Thanks a bunch [/FONT]

So if I chose to go with the GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 I shouldn't have any problems right? How do I know which versionthis board is? And what do I change the bios setting of this board to?
Thanks a bunch

There are 2 versions of the board according to the GA site: 1.0 and 1.3. Both have Realtek audio and LAN. The only problem you may have is with the Etron USB3.0 hubs - no OS X support, but you may find 3rd party drivers. IIRC they worked with the drivers in MultiBeast back with SL but there were problems in Lion with KPs if you connected anything but a data HDD. Not sure about support in ML.

The latest BIOS rev with a DSDT in the database is F12.

Board version is printed on the board. If you are looking at the board with the RAM slots in upper right and the expansion slots on left to lower left, the version number is next to the screw hole at the lower left corner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back