GeForce GT 640 2GB
Mac
  1. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. Performa
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi forum

I'm getting ready to order the components for my first beastly build.
I have tried to adhere closely to the CustoMac 2012 advice as I would like a build that is natively supported by Multibeast.
Just to check I would like some feedback on whether
there are any compatibility issues I have missed.

Shopping list:

I already have a 128 GB Crucial M4 ssd to put in and I don't need a wireless connection.

Specifically in regards to the firewire card I would appreciate any predictions as to being able to connect my TC audio interface without problems.

Thanks in advance
vanderholm

It looks good but the Firewire is too old, the drivers are only for PowerPC-based Macs.

Thanks for you responses!

Are you sure Mate94? I picked it because it has the agere fw643 chip and is specifically mentioned in a thread about natively compatible firewire interfaces (http://legacy.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=68489). What do you base you skepticism on?

As to the noname card from amazon very kindly recommended by Going Bald, I need a rock solid card that can handle not only storage but an audio interface.

Thanks for you responses!

Are you sure Mate94? I picked it because it has the agere fw643 chip and is specifically mentioned in a thread about natively compatible firewire interfaces (http://legacy.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=68489). What do you base you skepticism on?

As to the noname card from amazon very kindly recommended by Going Bald, I need a rock solid card that can handle not only storage but an audio interface.

The SIIG card also works. I looked at the spec for the card you linked and it said Mac G5 for compatibility.

OTOH, if it is based on the same chipset thelostswede recommends for 100% compatibility I would say he knows what he is talking about and go buy it.

These Firewire things... (never used or saw anybody using a port like this) are standing from me very far if I can say. I just looked around on Google, found the device's page and it said that the card is for G5 Mac Pro's.

No offense.:mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back