Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> 1st Boot Error: Catalina 10.15.4 Gigabyte z390 Aorus Elite+ Gigabyte Radeon Rx 5700 XT OC 8GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Aourus z390 Elite
CPU
Intel i9 9900k
Graphics
Gigabtyte amd radeon rx 5700 xt 8GB OC
Hi There!
Can anyone help me, please ?
I'am trying to install Catalina 10.15.4 following the Tonymac xStandar Installation Guide with Unibeast in UEFI mode including the Bios Setup..
The instalation process stops after first boot from the USB Drive . ("Boot macOS Install frm Install macOS Catalina" Option)
Has anyone installed it correctly with this Hardware configuration?
I have tried multiple driver and kexts configurations and it still doesn't boot properly.
I'am so frustrated :banghead: (I bougth this HW because it is recommended in the Buyer's Guide..)
Could somebody post the EFI files,please ?

Here is one screenshot of the log when it freezes..

my HW list:
- Gigabyte z390 Aorus Elite Main Board (Bios V10)
- Gigabyte AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT Gaming OC 8 GB DDR6
-intel i9 9900k
-64 GB DDR4 Crucial Ballistix 4x16 GB CL16
-M2 Samsung EVO Plus 970
-SSD Samsung EVO 860
-HD Seagate Barracuda 3.5 SATA3
Gigabyte Radeon Rx 5700 XT OC 8GB
Screen.jpg

Hi There!
Can anyone help me, please ?
I'am trying to install Catalina 10.15.4 following the Tonymac xStandar Installation Guide with Unibeast in UEFI mode including the Bios Setup..
The instalation process stops after first boot from the USB Drive . ("Boot macOS Install frm Install macOS Catalina" Option)
Has anyone installed it correctly with this Hardware configuration?
I have tried multiple driver and kexts configurations and it still doesn't boot properly.
I'am so frustrated :banghead: (I bougth this HW because it is recommended in the Buyer's Guide..)
Could somebody post the EFI files,please ?

Here is one screenshot of the log when it freezes..

my HW list:
- Gigabyte z390 Aorus Elite Main Board (Bios V10)
- Gigabyte AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT Gaming OC 8 GB DDR6
-intel i9 9900k
-64 GB DDR4 Crucial Ballistix 4x16 GB CL16
-M2 Samsung EVO Plus 970
-SSD Samsung EVO 860
-HD Seagate Barracuda 3.5 SATA3
Gigabyte Radeon Rx 5700 XT OC 8GB
View attachment 474278
Try this folder which is Opencore faster than Clover, use GenSMBIOS to generate a set of unique values to be added to the config.plist to get iMessage, F/Time, iCloud and App Store to work. Good luck.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 44
  • GenSMBIOS-master.zip
    26.7 KB · Views: 53
Try this folder which is Opencore faster than Clover, use GenSMBIOS to generate a set of unique values to be added to the config.plist to get iMessage, F/Time, iCloud and App Store to work. Good luck.
Thank a lot for your help esafeddie !!!:thumbup:. Your EFI almost worked for me but one freezing black screen at the end of first usb boot. Making some deep investigations i found th is editing Config.plist and ading this GPU-Specific boot-arg : agdpmod=pikera to the NVRAM configuration (this is a part of the Config.plist). Using this argument the GPU doesn't freeze into a black screen during first boot from USB.
I atach my succesfull final EFI (All hardware Up & running ok) for every one whith the same HW list , who could need it ...
:headbang:

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 49
Please add "Solved" prefix to your title (edit original post).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back