Contribute
Register

1600 MHz ram, but only shown as 1333 MHz?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
OS X
CPU
i7
Graphics
660 TI
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
As the title says I bought 16 gig of 1600 MHz ram (kingston), and "About this Mac" only shows 16 gb running at 1333 MHz.
I ran a geekbench score as well, and geekbench is showing 1333 MHz..
Any way to fix this?
Thanks!

Did you go in to your motherboards bios and set the ram to 1600 MHz? Many motherboards default the ram to 1333 MHz which would have about my mac actually displaying the correct information.

Thank you for such a fast reply!
I didn't even think about that, I will give it a try and get back ASAP!

You were right! Running at 1600 MHz now :)
Cheers!

i have the same problem, only when i change the bios to 1600 mhz and i go in about this mac it says that only 1 stick of memory is running at 1600 mhz and the other at 1333 mhz I have 2 sticks of corsair vengeance (2x8GB) 1600 mhz And an ASUS p8h77-i Motherboard. Can someone help me please ?

Hello,

I've the same behavior; Ram speed at 1600 in UEFI, but showing 1333 MHz in "About this Mac".
My RAM are Corsair Vengeance 1600.
Anyone to help us ?

i have the same problem, only when i change the bios to 1600 mhz and i go in about this mac it says that only 1 stick of memory is running at 1600 mhz and the other at 1333 mhz I have 2 sticks of corsair vengeance (2x8GB) 1600 mhz And an ASUS p8h77-i Motherboard. Can someone help me please ?

As post two states check that your motherboard is not defaulted to 1333mz. Also double check your manual to ensure you are using the correct 2 channel location on the motherboard.

I re-install ML from the beginning, but setting the ram speed to 1600 on the motherboard. Now, my system is showing ram speed at 1600, like expected :cool:, but with a power management problem; when it wake up, by clicking the mouse, both mouse and Apple keyboard are frozen :(

For the power management problem, do I need to inject specific kext via MutiBeast ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back