Contribute
Register

$1500 Average workstation build (Q2/2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
none
CPU
none
Graphics
none
Hi all.

Finally I have some time and resources to build a hackintosh as my previous attempts to install MacOS on my 8 years old PC failed. I already spent some time reading buyer's guide and this forum (thanks guys for this great forum and sharing your experience and knowledge :clap:) and drafted first version of future setup. I plan to have both MacOS and Windows (for casual gaming) on this machine. Before buying I would appreciate if someone can check the build and give some feedback and warn in case of any potential pain in the ...
PS: Links are to web in Czech, hope this won't be an issue.

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-I GAMING (Link) - I picked this MB because of Mini ITX format, 2 M.2 slots (for storage and BT) and USB-C port, inspired by pastrychef's Golden build
Intel Core i5-9600K (Link) - confirmed on Buyer's guide
2 x Crucial 16GB DDR4 3000MHz CL16 Ballistix Sport LT Dual Ranked Grey (Link) - I tried to follow the Buyer's guide, but not 100% sure and will be very thankful for any advice.
SAPPHIRE PULSE Radeon RX 580 OC 8G (Link) - First I picked 1060 but after reading forums went to this GPU as most compatible card for now.
Samsung 970 EVO 1TB (Link) - Picked this one due to great write speed (almost like 970 PRO), confirmed on Buyer's guide.
Corsair RM650x (2018) (Link) - I picked this one according to Buyer's guide.
Fractal Design Define Nano S Window (Link) - This one I liked the most from all Mini ITX format cases.
BCM94360CS2 (Link) M.2 card for full Bluetooth features support

As mentioned before feedback is very welcome. Thanks and hope this thread will be helpful for other newbies.

BCM94360CS2 (Link) M.2 card for full Bluetooth features support
Note that this is the link for just the adapter and not the actual Wifi card. Buy the 94360CS2 card separately.
Everything else looks like it will work. Avoid the 970 EVO Plus NVMe drive as it's not compatible with macOS.
The speeds are faster but if your system crashes frequently what good is that ?

Note that this is the link for just the adapter and not the actual Wifi card. Buy the 94360CS2 card separately
Thanks for that, I did not noticed its only adapter. Although I'm a little concerned now if it will fit the MB together with SSD as there are 2 slots, but each slot has different size - 80mm and 110mm.

Avoid the 970 EVO Plus NVMe drive as it's not compatible with macOS.
The speeds are faster but if your system crashes frequently what good is that ?
I avoided PLUS version as I read already on forum that it's not compatible. But still thanks for mentioning. :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back