Contribute
Register

12-core X99 Hackintosh Pro build

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have another question, sorry. Could you describe in detail which folders/sub folders on the USB bootable drive that the attachment files should go? Thank you. I've been struggling with my build for about 2 months. If I'd seen your original post, I wouldn't have started my first build with an X99 mb :)

I'm on hold too - there are some holes in the process here that leave me confused, and when I run Clover post-install, it results in a panic during the command line boot up and I've never figured it out aside from having to wipe and start over. I've also never figured out how to get from having an EFI boot USB drive to having an EFI partition and being bootable without the need to boot from USB.

I have another question, sorry. Could you describe in detail which folders/sub folders on the USB bootable drive that the attachment files should go? Thank you. I've been struggling with my build for about 2 months. If I'd seen your original post, I wouldn't have started my first build with an X99 mb :)

I'm not sure I can be of any help, but I did try using Unibeast 5 and got the machine to install and boot properly. I got the nVidia Web Driver installed and my 980 Ti was working great, but I didn't have ethernet/wifi and got as far as Clover and then it never booted again.

Have you tried to run El Capitan (10.11) on this beast of yours??

Would love to hear if you did, and if you had any problems.

I am planning to buy 8-core (or more) system for video production, but found out that 8-core i7-5960x isn't supported in 10.11 :)-:)cry:) yet, and my next option is to go with CPU similar to yours (XEON E5-2670 V3). Planning to run Mac OS along with DaVinci Resolve, RedCineX, Avid.

Hi emdirector,

I suggest you take a look at this thread:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...-ti-osx-10-11-1-el-capitan-3.html#post1215783

Follow the instructions exactly and you should be up and running very quickly, at least with 6-cores. I used an ASROCK Extreme4,3.1 board versus the Extreme3 and a 6-core Xeon. I works very well (including all PCI-e slots, which has been a problem for me with Gigabyte X99 boards). Presumably the 8-core should also be easy to get running. That said, I have been unable to get 12-cores running on this build. I may go try 8 now.

What Avid codecs are you interested in? If it's XAVC, Avid says you need a 12-core machine, minimum. I can confirm that with a 5-year old dual 6-core Mac Pro I'm at 2200 percent CPU (out of 2400) just playing one stream of XAVC 480 59.94 Ultra HD.

Andrew

Hi Robinqu,

Hi,

I followed your instructions exactly (except with an ASROCK X99 Extreme4,3.1 motherboard (3.1 is USB 3.1). I have this running great with 6-core CPU and El Capitan using the following approach:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...-ti-osx-10-11-1-el-capitan-3.html#post1215783

But unfortunately I need 12-cores for my application so I tried your recipe with Yosemite. I am getting stuck booting the USB stick with the following:

com.apple.AppleFSCompressionTypeZlib kmod start

The complete last part of the boot up logs shows:

MAC Framework successfully initialized
using 16384 buffer headers and 10240 cluster IO buffer headers
AppleKeyStore starting (BUILT: Jul 29 2015 02:03:39)
Current tsc from rdtsc64() is 495155421124. Rendezvouing..
IOAPIC: Version 0x20 Vectors 88:111
IOAPIC: Version 0x20 Vectors 64:87
ACPI: sleep states S3 S4 S5
pci (build 20:04:33 Aug 17 2014), flags 0x61008, pfm64 (44 cpu) 0xfff80000000, 0x80000000
[ PCI configuration begin }
console relocated to 0xf10000000
[ PCI configuration end, bridges 3, devices 83 ]
netkas presents fakesmc, a kext which emulates smc device
mcache: 24CPU(s), 64 bytes CPU cache line size
mbinit: done [128 MB total pool size, (85/42) split]
H000 cannot assert wake from D3cold
H001 cannot assert wake from D3cold
com.appleAppleFSCompressionTyleDataless kmod start
rooting via boot-uuid from /chosen: 414A90004-F9C7-370-A720-45443A05CD93
Waiting on <dict ID="0"><key>IOProviderClass</key><string ID="1">IOResources></string><key>IOResourceMatch</key><stinrg ID="2">boot-uid-media<string></dict>
com.apple.AppleFSCompressionTypeZlib kmod start

I have tried all manner of changes to the boot flogs -- with and without "-x", with PCIRootUID=0/1 and I cannot get past this point.

Any ideas?

Andrew

Hi all,

I've been running an ud4-X99 with a 5960x for the past year on Yosemite and it's been rock solid. Was thinking of bumping up the CPU though, to a Xeon 18 core. Does anyone have any thoughts on changes I'd have to make to get the 18 core to boot?

Hi, thx a lot for this tutorial, this is the only i found to make working hackintosh with my configuration.
Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4P, Intel Xeon E5 2670 V3 (ES) 12 cores, 64 gb ram 2133Mhz, the only problem i have is to update to El Capitan.
Somebody have a solution ?
Thank's

I've tried this with a USB drive formatted GUID and EUFI and it gets to the IOPCI bit and hangs saying it can't find a debugger.
Is everyone trying to do this with a legacy install? I couldn't make that work either :(

hello

i m new here.
i already build 2 hackintosh with this config:

asus x99 deluxe 3.1
intel i7
asus 770 gtx
ssd intel 480 gb
32 gb ram corsair.
it works no problem.

but now i 'm stuck with my new config:
i just replaced the cpu by a Xeon E5 2640 V3

i folluw the instruction from this post ( thx for this)
i can pass the first step of installation, then remove and install kext.
then i try to boot with the clover USB stick:

the lovely apple logo appear on a black screen, then a grey bar under the logo, then i get a black screen and nothing,....
any idea ?
i can't reach the end of the installation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back