Contribute
Register

12.0.1 Monterey Crashing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, OK. Don't go anywhere for the next 10 mins.
Attached is a complete (and tested) EFI folder suitable for the Prime Z490-A.

All that remains is for you to merge your personal system information.
PlatformInfo -> Generic:
XML:
<key>MLB</key>
<string>C0XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX</string>
<key>SystemSerialNumber</key>
<string>C0XXXXXXXXXX</string>
<key>SystemUUID</key>
<string>XXXXXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXXXXXXXXX</string>

Note#1: This configuration uses the iMac20,2 system definition. If you wish to continue emulating iMac20,1, you can, but I suggest you create a new USB port mapping kext when that definition is applied. If you have a kext made previously, on any macOS prior to 11.3 [on the same machine], that should also be fine.

Note#2: OpenCore (as from 0.7.4) now supports booting Linux directly, by using the new OpenLinuxBoot feature. In case you're multi-booting with Windows and/or Linux, I've preset the configuration accordingly. No other changes need to be made.

I've been wanting to create a more generic version of my configuration for a while, but never seem to find the time. This was the perfect opportunity. Consider it a bonus; an early Christmas gift; or whatever you like!

Cheers.

A Note to Passers-by: If you have a Prime Z490-A motherboard, and may be interested in using this EFI folder, I can upload it again at a later time, upon request.

Cheers.

-- Attachment Deleted --

Last edited by a moderator:
Yesterday at 6:32 PM
Attached is a complete (and tested) EFI folder suitable for the Prime Z490-A.

All that remains is for you to merge your personal system information, under PlatformInfo -> Generic:
XML:
<key>MLB</key>
<string>C0XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX</string>
<key>SystemSerialNumber</key>
<string>C0XXXXXXXXXX</string>
<key>SystemUUID</key>
<string>XXXXXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXXXXXXXXX</string>

Note#1: This configuration uses the iMac20,2 system definition. If you wish to continue emulating iMac20,1, you can, but I suggest you create a new USB port mapping kext when that definition is applied. If you have a kext made previously, on any macOS prior to 11.3 [on the same machine], that should also be fine.

Note#2: OpenCore (as from 0.7.4) now supports booting Linux directly, by using the new OpenLinuxBoot feature. If case you're multi-booting with Windows and/or Linux, I've preset the configuration accordingly. No other changes need to be made.

I've been wanting to create a more generic version of my configuration for a while, but never seem to find the time. This was the perfect opportunity. Co consider it a bonus; an early Christmas gift; or whatever you like!

Cheers.
Thanks a lot.

Thanks a lot.
Welcome. Just copy the text from that post for reference, if you like. Let me know when you have downloaded it, so I can delete the zip from the post. Otherwise people with completely different boards will grab it, and wonder why it doesn't work for them.

Cheers.

Welcome. Just copy the text from that post for reference, if you like. Let me know when you have downloaded it, so I can delete the zip from the post. Otherwise people with completely different boards will grab it, and wonder why it doesn't work for them.

Cheers.
I have got it. Thanks.

Just zip up your old EFI folder, delete the folder itself, and then replace it with this one. Enjoy!
Quick tip:
If the audio is not working, make sure the output device is selected in System Preferences > Sound > Output (tab). It would normally be 'Internal Speakers'.

Plus, you will probably need to reset NVRAM when you reboot, after changing the EFI folder.

Cheers.

Just zip up your old EFI folder, delete the folder itself, and then replace it with this one. Enjoy!
Your ACPI is clean. Very clean.
Few things are obvious.
1. You layout-ID 7 for AppleALC. Mine is 1
2. You used patch for l215-V. Mine worked in Monterey without patch. Did need patch in Big Sur 11.2.3
3. Seems like acpi-wake-type property might have fixed Keyboard wake issue for you. I needed to add SSDT-USBW.

Few things are obvious.
2. You used patch for l215-V. Mine worked in Monterey without patch. Did need patch in Big Sur 11.2.3
3. Seems like acpi-wake-type property might have fixed Keyboard wake issue for you. I needed to add SSDT-USBW.
i225-V - I thought I removed that! You're right, it should work without it in both Big Sur, and Monterey. Disable it, to test and make sure. I haven't needed to patch the i225-V since Catalina, when FakePCIID was the only option.

Few things are obvious.
I assume that you meant i225-V as the Prime Z490-V doesn't actually have an i215-V network interface. :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back