Contribute
Register

12.0.1 Monterey Crashing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I assume that you meant i225-V as the Prime Z490-V doesn't actually have an i215-V network interface. :thumbup:
Yes. That one. Thanks

Yes. That one. Thanks
You will notice the absence of Bluetooth related kexts (apart from BlueToolFixup). I don't use Bluetooth/Wireless. The kext is present only as a precursor to adding a Wireless module to the board, which I am considering.

You will notice the absence of Bluetooth related kexts (apart from BlueToolFixup). I don't use Bluetooth/Wireless. The kext is present only as a precursor to adding a Wireless module to the board, which I am considering.
Time for an update.

First of all, thanks a lot for sharing your EFI with me. I've saved a copy of it as it was just incredibly clean.
I removed kernel patch for LAN, as mine worked without it.
Using your EFI but with my own USBport.kext I had sound working right off the bat. However, sleep was partially broken as it needed extra keystrokes to wake up.
I tried to marry the two EFI's just keeping the best of both, but it still didn't make my sound work. I ended up using -lilubeta and -alcbeta boot args.

Time for an update.

First of all, thanks a lot for sharing your EFI with me. I've saved a copy of it as it was just incredibly clean.
Using your EFI but with my own USBport.kext I had sound working right off the bat. However, sleep was partially broken as it needed extra keystrokes to wake up.
I tried to marry the two EFI's just keeping the best of both, but it still didn't make my sound work. I ended up using -lilubeta and -alcbeta boot args.
please update your hardware profile to allow others to help you easier

Time for an update.

Glad to hear you had some success. As mentioned, I had planned to make a more generic EFI for a while, and your request prompted me to end my procrastination, and make a start. The intention was to ultimately post a fully completed/working EFI folder, and a post-install guide of sorts, as time permitted. That was the plan, in any case.

Thanks for the note of appreciation. Cheers.

I had the same issue. For me help, when I disable the onboard network card I255V in the bios. Then I hadn't any crash. But this was no solution for me. So I try to find a solution and for me help, when I set the boot-args "dk.e1000=0" for the network card and delete all other device of the network card.

on latest software version , Try to set boot arg e1000=0 instead of dk.e1000=0, works for me, on Asus Rog Strix z490 A gaming

Cheers

on latest software version , Try to set boot arg e1000=0 instead of dk.e1000=0, works for me, on Asus Rog Strix z490 A gaming

Cheers
There is a newer fix:

There is a newer fix:
Just tried it on Asus Rog Strix Z490-E Gaming , works like a charm, thanks a million for pointing it out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back