Contribute
Register

1155 ATX Motherboard with NO traditional PCI slots?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-H61N-USB3
CPU
i7-3770K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 128K
  2. 512K
  3. Apple
  4. LC
  5. Plus
  6. PowerBook
  7. Quadra
  8. SE
  9. SE/30
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Title says it all. Obviously Hackintosh easy.
I would like at least 2 full size PCIe Slots for graphic cards. Then 4 to 5 1X slots, and 32GB DDR3.

I've been searching what is available and haven't found anything I like.
Bonus for a Thunderbolt port.

Title says it all. Obviously Hackintosh easy.
I would like at least 2 full size PCIe Slots for graphic cards. Then 4 to 5 1X slots, and 32GB DDR3.

I've been searching what is available and haven't found anything I like.
Bonus for a Thunderbolt port.

Socket 1155 motherboards were in production 6 to 7 years ago, and at that time there was still a need for PCI slots since I would think people at that time still want to use older hardware such as PCI sound cards on their new motherboards. No surprise then it is difficult to find ATX motherboards even at that time with no PCI slots.

I know of one : Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP7. Although I have no idea if you can find it now.

Socket 1155 motherboards were in production 6 to 7 years ago, and at that time there was still a need for PCI slots since I would think people at that time still want to use older hardware such as PCI sound cards on their new motherboards. No surprise then it is difficult to find ATX motherboards even at that time with no PCI slots.

I know of one : Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP7. Although I have no idea if you can find it now.

Thanks. My current board has a blown Ethernet point. When I ever access the net through either it, or a USB 3 Adapter, my machine locks up hard. Windows Mac, doesn't matter.

I did discover that on Wifi, the system only locks for a second and then get's back to work. It's annoying, but livable... except for my DL speeds.

Since I JUST upgraded to an i7 3770, and I can't afford to get a new system... I'm scraping the barrel.

It's a nice otherwise reliable system. I have 2 passively cooled GT640s in it and run three 1920 x 1200p monitors off it. O also have maxed out to GB of DDR3.

It's run stable for years.

I will add that sweet board to my Ebay search.

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back