Graphics
Vega 56
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi All

As of today, I am still on Catalina with Clover 5118.

My specs are:
  • Intel 9600k
  • Asus TUF Z370 Gaming Plus
  • MSI Vega 56
Having tried this amazing thread by @pastrychef I used his matching EFI with Opencore 0.6.4 and I was finally able to reach the installer with 11.0.1. However, after the initial reboot, and further installation process, I got stuck at "about a minute remaining" and didn't manage to get any further.

When 11.1 was released, I thought this may be a more stable installer and applied the same method.

This time I get the error, "An error occurred loading the update."

I have attached the log of the installation and the error seems to state,

Dec 23 12:33:20 iMac InstallAssistant[334]: Stopped operation queue with Error Domain=com.apple.OSInstallerSetup.error Code=1004 "An error occurred loading the update." UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=An error occurred loading the update., NSUnderlyingError=0x7f9bc00c9250 {Error Domain=SZExtractorErrorDomain Code=2 "CRC mismatch; got: 0xdb632807 expected: 0x665e8c89 for file AssetData/payloadv2/payload.011" UserInfo={SZExtractorFunctionNameErrorKey=-[StreamingUnzipper _supplyBytes:length:withReply:], SZExtractorFileOffsetErrorKey=2251099940, SZExtractorSourceFileLineErrorKey=1277, NSFilePath=AssetData/payloadv2/payload.011, NSLocalizedDescription=CRC mismatch; got: 0xdb632807 expected: 0x665e8c89 for file AssetData/payloadv2/payload.011}}}

Does this mean anything to anyone?

Thanks as always to everyone.

Attachments

• EFI 0.6.4.zip
    61.1 MB · Views: 126
  • Installer Log 23-Dec-2020.txt
    13.8 KB · Views: 507
Does it work if you have an ethernet cable plugged in?

Well, it worked.

How on earth did you work that out from the error code?

That’s twice I owe you.

@pastrychef

I get the same "an error occurred loading the update" if installing from Catalina
or
"Installation cannot proceed because the installer is damaged"
if trying to install from USB thumb drive

see images.
Does anyone know what happens?
The Big Sur installer loads through thumb drive.

Attachments

• IMG_2719.jpeg
    IMG_2719.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 149
  • IMG_2720.jpeg
    IMG_2720.jpeg
    6.4 MB · Views: 167
@pastrychef

I get the same "an error occurred loading the update" if installing from Catalina
or
"Installation cannot proceed because the installer is damaged"
if trying to install from USB thumb drive

see images.
Does anyone know what happens?
The Big Sur installer loads through thumb drive.

I haven't come across that before... Have you tried re-downloading it?

I haven't come across that before... Have you tried re-downloading it?
I did download the installer again but I get the same error when I start the update process from within Catalina 10.15.7: "an error occurred loading the update". Same screenshot as before.
This is a X99 Chinese system running on iMacPro1,1 SMBIOS.
Catalina works like a charm, Big Sur installer runs and loads. After that something happens.
Is it that the destination disk is only 120GB? It's completely free though.

Any help is welcome.
Thanks.

I did download the installer again but I get the same error when I start the update process from within Catalina 10.15.7: "an error occurred loading the update". Same screenshot as before.
Catalina works like a charm, Big Sur installer runs and loads. After that something happens.

Any help is welcome.
Thanks.

Ah... Sorry. I have no experience with any of the HEDT systems...

Any help is welcome.
Thanks.
Hi, did u managed to solve it? Im getting exactly the same issue since days ago and have tried everything with no success. my pc is connected and have internet access and Im truing a compleately fresh installation i the following set up:

X99 F8
Intel XEON E5 2680 v4
32GG Ram
2 x M." NVMe 512GB each
xfx rx 50 8BG

I've verified I have internet connection and it works fine. Different from u I get the error whit Catalina as well.

Any help would be most welcome and if you are so kind to share share your efi folder I will owe u a beer¡¡¡ I will at least be able to run Catalina in my Hack :)

Thanks in advance​

Attachments

• IMG_6283.jpg
    IMG_6283.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 149
Hi, did u managed to solve it? Im getting exactly the same issue since days ago and have tried everything with no success. my pc is connected and have internet access and Im truing a compleately fresh installation i the following set up:

X99 F8
Intel XEON E5 2680 v4
32GG Ram
2 x M." NVMe 512GB each
xfx rx 50 8BG

I've verified I have internet connection and it works fine. Different from u I get the error whit Catalina as well.

Any help would be most welcome and if you are so kind to share share your efi folder I will owe u a beer¡¡¡ I will at least be able to run Catalina in my Hack :)

Thanks in advance​

Hi there,

I haven't solved. Big Sur up to 11.1 got the me the problem.
I installed a fresh Big Sur 11.1 using another PC then booted with no issues with OpenCore on my X99.
I'm currently using Big Sur and it just works I have to say.
So I didn't solve the issue but using a Big sur installation the PC boots fine.

Another strange thing is Big Sur installer boots fine the issue happens when the installer tries to copy Big Sur files into t e destination SSD.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back