Contribute
Register

10+ Fresh Installs, none will Boot past apple logo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Corsair Carbide 500R, Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP5-TH, Corsair Vengeance 16GB, Samsung 840 256GB,
CPU
i7 3770
Graphics
EVGA GeForce GT 640
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I have followed the great OSX 10.8 installation instructions here on this site and successfully installed OSX using UniBeast, immediately using MultiBeast, and even have had audio working and Final Cut Pro installed and working. See under my profile pics for system specs. I've disabled VT-d on the motherboard, and it has the latest non-beta BIOS installed (9/2012).

BUT, as soon as I reboot, I can't get past the Apple logo screen. The screen just shows blank white. I've tried booting into safe mode (-x) and booting verbose (-v), and get nothing different.

I have used multibeast to install these drivers:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/attachments/27977d1345552256-mb-z77x-up5-th.png.html

I've tried using no system profile, Mac Pro 5,1 (hoped that was the problem), and iMac 12,2.

Every single time I get an unbootable install, and I try all over again. I'm running out of ideas :crazy:

Any ideas? How can I debug this? Anyone know exactly what items should be installed from MultiBeast for my setup?

I have followed the great OSX 10.8 installation instructions here on this site and successfully installed OSX using UniBeast, immediately using MultiBeast, and even have had audio working and Final Cut Pro installed and working. See under my profile pics for system specs. I've disabled VT-d on the motherboard, and it has the latest non-beta BIOS installed (9/2012).

BUT, as soon as I reboot, I can't get past the Apple logo screen. The screen just shows blank white. I've tried booting into safe mode (-x) and booting verbose (-v), and get nothing different.

I have used multibeast to install these drivers:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/attachments/27977d1345552256-mb-z77x-up5-th.png.html

and these:

http://hacksbyalfa.com/post/28271035968/gigabytehackintosh

I've tried using no system profile, Mac Pro 5,1 (hoped that was the problem), and iMac 12,2.

Every single time I get an unbootable install, and I try all over again. I'm running out of ideas :crazy:

Any ideas? How can I debug this? Anyone know exactly what items should be installed from MultiBeast for my setup?
Are you using GraphicsEnabler=No? If not thats your problem.

Are you using GraphicsEnabler=No? If not thats your problem.

Somehow that came to me this morning the moment I woke up. Got out of bed, tried it as a boot parameter, and I'm now typing this from my successfully rebooted install! YES!

Went into multibeast and found that option under customization and installed it. Now going to try another reboot without the parameter.

Glad it was something simple.

Is it advisable to leave the system configuration at Mac Pro 3,1?

After installing multibeast.

1. open extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist in textedit.
2. Make sure GraphicsEnabler is set to No.
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
3. Save and Restart

let me know if it works for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back