Contribute
Register

10.9.5 update. won't boot "Still waiting for root device", after months of perfection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell 9010 XRRDV desktop
CPU
i7-3770
Graphics
HD 4000
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Damn weird, and having scoured the forums, none of the offered fixes seem to be working for me.
i have even tried jumping forward a system iteration, but also nothing.
i understand the "Still waiting for root device" issue is somehow connected to the system not being able to find the rest of the boot drive?... i get to the apple screen ands somewhere after the geforce drivers slow things down im at"Still waiting for root device".

i have tried resetting my bios, all the way loosing my overclock in the process (clumsey), and the system has been rock since way back in 10.8.xxx.
i had this issue ages ago and simply cannot remember which particular magic wand sorted it out..... it's been a couple of days now and im getting antsy... hahaha

i got to boot briefly when i launch the system ssd from a usb caddy, but thats no real use, so we know the system is good to go.
i have also made a couple of fresh installs also to no avail...

anyone?

Kernal cache, it's the ******* kernal cache
im not even sure how that option got in there.
i deleted an extensions cache file in the system folder then Extensions.kextcache
then
system/library/caches/com.apple.kext.caches/startup/kernalcache

its golden.
at this stage all uop and running um assuimng ill remove the kernal cache flag in chameleon and......
lets see

phew

Hi
i just did the same thing and can only able to boot connecting the HD to an sata/usb adapter. Tried to delete system/library/caches/com.apple.kext.caches/startup/kernalcache but didnt solve the problem and file appears again.
Lot of time configuring the machine to update to 10.9.5 and break the whole work. Please, could you write all the steps you followed to fix it.

Thanks in advance : )

Kernal cache, it's the ******* kernal cache
im not even sure how that option got in there.
i deleted an extensions cache file in the system folder then Extensions.kextcache
then
system/library/caches/com.apple.kext.caches/startup/kernalcache

its golden.
at this stage all uop and running um assuimng ill remove the kernal cache flag in chameleon and......
lets see

phew

I have the same thing, does anyone know what the problem is?

Hi, i resolve this task.

Return back AppleACHIPort.kext 2.5.2 from previous 10.9.X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back