Contribute
Register

10.9.2 Update is Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Updated too with clover,re-ran pro book installer,all is fine :D
happy "safe ssl-ing" to all forum members

I've just updated my ProBook and everything works after the reboot but:

1. I'm using Clover with AICPM and AppleRTC fixes enabled.
2. All ProBook-related kexts are being injected via Clover (EFI/Clover/kexts/Other).
3. The only ProBook-related kext in /S/L/E is the dummy AppleHDAIDT.kext for ProBook 4x40s, based on the PikeRAlpha's design (update-proof).

Guys, I think this is it, the ultimate solution for painless updates :D Maybe it's time to throw Chameleon out of the Installer and use Clover as main one.

Nice idea.. No problems at all with clover for the 4x30 probook series?

Thanks!

+1 on including Clover into the PBI (the guide will need to be rewritten though). Also, the sleep issues I've mentioned before in the Clover topic (laptop freezing or restarting on wake-up) are not present anymore. Painless sleep/wake on 4530s finally! (it's been broken here starting from 10.8.4 if I remember correctly)

+1 on including Clover into the PBI (the guide will need to be rewritten though). Also, the sleep issues I've mentioned before in the Clover topic (laptop freezing or restarting on wake-up) are not present anymore. Painless sleep/wake on 4530s finally! (it's been broken here starting from 10.8.4 if I remember correctly)

Marvelous! So no problems/bugs at all on ours probook 4x30s series!!!
Time to try Clover is coming..

P.S. (So we have to change the known issues in the clover thread, right?)

Thanks!

Ok well I got brave and ran the combo update. It broke my 8460 and it does the same thing whether I boot from HDD or USB. Looks like a problem with Apple Intel CPU power management. Is there anything I can do to rescue it?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 228
Well, I'd wait for other people to confirm this. I've been using 10.9.2 for quite some time now and I've been using sleep all the time - not even once did it freeze or restart. And I've had this problem starting with 10.8.4 (10.8.3 was the last good one if I remember correctly) where the laptop in 80% of cases would not simply work after waking up (it either was freezing or restarting).

Ok well I got brave and ran the combo update. It broke my 8460 and it does the same thing whether I boot from HDD or USB. Looks like a problem with Apple Intel CPU power management. Is there anything I can do to rescue it?

You need to boot using your Unibeast USB and use "-f"

I've updated through the AppStore, and now I can't boot the system. I'm using clover. I've tried booting verbose, safe mode,single user, but there's no console output, because the system hangs. Unfortunotely I don't have a pendrive around at the moment so I can't boot from USB. Does anyone have an idea what went wrong?

I've updated through the AppStore, and now I can't boot the system. I'm using clover. I've tried booting verbose, safe mode,single user, but there's no console output, because the system hangs. Unfortunotely I don't have a pendrive around at the moment so I can't boot from USB. Does anyone have an idea what went wrong?

Try booting without caches.

I have updated my desktop so far. The notable changes are above... Also AppleIntelFramebufferAzul updated. It is a pretty big update as far as the number of kexts that have been changed.

The updater forces a reboot without giving you the opportunity to patch anything (this seems to be the "new way"). For those running Chameleon or Clover without AsusAICPUPM patch, it means you'll need to boot with USB after the installer reboots (and re-run ProBook Installer). For Haswell machines and those running Chameleon or Clover without KernelPm, it means booting into Terminal from the OS X installer to patch mach_kernel.

But so far running fine on my desktop (just had to re-patch AppleHDA). Seems to boot much faster. Will move on to the ProBooks next.

RM, which is the best (safer) way to update from 10.9.1 (chameleon bootloader)?
1 - download 10.9.2 update (not the combo), right?
2- install it and reboot. Once you are again on the desktop, just run the PBI installer again, correct?

Please confirm.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back