Contribute
Register

10.9.2 Update is Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have an EliteBook 9470 that has been running great since 1st of the Year. I followed instructions here to Update, Reboot from USB Key to get me into 10.9.2 on HDD, ran ProBookInstaller and rebooted. I am using Clover with EFI partition. If I try to boot normally after the above, the process stops almost immediately and restarts the Laptop.

I seem to be able to get in from a Chameleon (I think) USB, but not from normal Clover EFI Boot.

Any suggestions?

I am backing up from 10.9.1 Image so I can fall back to earlier today....

Help is appreciated.

Steven

I think you mean you're using Clover UEFI (not Clover EFI -- Clover EFI is actually Clover in legacy mode). Please correct me if you're actually using CloverEFI.

You might try updating Clover, depending on how old the build is that you have... Also, boot without caches/verbose so you get an idea as to where it is failing.

It might be useful if you posted your hardware details as well...

I think you mean you're using Clover UEFI (not Clover EFI -- Clover EFI is actually Clover in legacy mode). Please correct me if you're actually using CloverEFI.

You might try updating Clover, depending on how old the build is that you have... Also, boot without caches/verbose so you get an idea as to where it is failing.

It might be useful if you posted your hardware details as well...

Yes, I do believe this is UEFI mode.

Boot is failing right away after root device uuid and then drivers...literally 2 seconds before it completely restarts Laptop

Steven

Yes, I do believe this is UEFI mode.

Boot is failing right away after root device uuid and then drivers...literally 2 seconds before it completely restarts Laptop

Steven

Hardware details?

HP EliteBook 9470M
Ivy Bridge I5--3427U @ 2.3
8Gb 1600 DDR3
Intel HD4000 (1028MB)
180GB SSD

Are you using the -xcpm kernel flag?

Are you using the -xcpm kernel flag?

OK...Good news!

After restoring from a backup that I did this morning...I was able to boot 10.9.1, Update Clover to latest version, Run the Update from AppStore, Reboot and everything is working again.

With my installation, I did not have to do anything other than run the update and reboot.

Looks like I had something either fail in the update (unlikely) or the version of Clover that I was running was problematic with 10.9.2.

In any event, I am back up...Appreciate the help that this forum always provides.

Steven

OK...Good news!

After restoring from a backup that I did this morning...I was able to boot 10.9.1, Update Clover to latest version, Run the Update from AppStore, Reboot and everything is working again.

With my installation, I did not have to do anything other than run the update and reboot.

Looks like I had something either fail in the update (unlikely) or the version of Clover that I was running was problematic with 10.9.2.

In any event, I am back up...Appreciate the help that this forum always provides.

Steven

Mystery solved...

Probably the version of Clover you had contained only the initial version of the KernelPm code based on my first patch. That code/patch worked with 10.9.0 and 10.9.1, but not the special version of the mach_kernel provided for MacBookPro11,x (was available as an update for just those profiles). At some point, I updated my patch to handle that version, which also handles 10.9.2. KernelPm was updated a few days after I published my updated patch.

Consider it a warning for future updates. We will not know if the KernelPm patch works until I analyse the mach_kernel that is provided in the update.

Mystery solved...

Probably the version of Clover you had contained only the initial version of the KernelPm code based on my first patch. That code/patch worked with 10.9.0 and 10.9.1, but not the special version of the mach_kernel provided for MacBookPro11,x (was available as an update for just those profiles). At some point, I updated my patch to handle that version, which also handles 10.9.2. KernelPm was updated a few days after I published my updated patch.

Consider it a warning for future updates. We will not know if the KernelPm patch works until I analyse the mach_kernel that is provided in the update.

Confirmation that it was Clover that was causing the problem. Since I am up and running on 10.9.2, decided to backup to the external drive. If I then tried to boot from the backup drive, I had the same experience (immediate reboot). After updating the external drive to newest Clover, I can again boot from it.

Thanks again RehabMan...I am back up and I have a good backup.

Steven

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back