Contribute
Register

10.9.2 , freezing while working without a reason !

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm curious - Do you use Spotify at all? Is your web browser Chrome?

See my other thread on here - I had loads of random freezes when Spotify and Chrome were running at the same time.

You're not over clocking anything? Do you run a stable Windows platform? You said it "almost" happens every time while surfing but since I guess it crashes sometimes when you're not maybe it's related to your graphics card. Does your "About This Mac" name your exact video card?

no i didn't overclock anything.
my ram is just running on 1600MHz That's all.
my graphic card is supported by the os .. " Nvidia Geforce GTX 660 Ti " , mine was produced by Asus and i don't think that means the name is wrong.
about your windows question , if you mean to ask about microsoft windows i don't use it anymore.
i didn't use windows for almost a year now :)
* btw : i'm using chrome right now and i didn't open safari for the past few hours and everything is great till the moment !

How much ram is installed and what brand is it ?
Which motherboard ? CPU ?

Here is My Information ..
CPU : Intel Core I7 Ivy Bridge 3770K 3.5GHZ , 8MB Cache
Memory : 32GB Ram ( 4*8GB G.Skill Ripjaws-X DDR3 1600 CL9 1.5v )
Graphics : Asus Geforce GTX 660Ti DirectCU II OC 2GB DDR5
MB : ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 Socket 1155
Boot HDD : Crosair Neutron Series GTX 120GB SATA 6.0GB/s Solid Stare Driver
That's my full build :)

You may want to test your system's ram to make sure none of the DIMMS are faulty.
You could run memtest or other apps or just remove some of the DIMMS and then add
them back one at a time to see if that has any effect on the freezing. We've seen a lot
of this problem on GA Haswell boards where all the DIMM slots are filled but not much
of it on IVY Bridge systems like yours. Report back what you find out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back