Graphics
Gtx 1060 6GB Gainward Phoenix
Hello everyone! My hackintosh is:
-i5 3570k with integrated hd4000 graphics
-gigabyte z77 ds3h motherboard
-16gb ram corsair vengeance
-xfx 550w psu
-2 ssd. One with mavericks 10.9.2 and one with windows 8.1

now I've purchased an xfx 7970 black edition double dissipation card and I'm waiting for it to arrive.
when I get it what should I do?
graphicsenabler=yes or =no?
Is it possible to avoid the blind boot as I want to be able to boot to windows if needed?
thank you

Hey man, graphics enabler no should work for you ok

Did it worked?
Because my system crashes with GA-Z77-DS3H & HIS HD 7950 Boost.

I tried 10.9.1 & 10.9.2, both crashed (while the system used to work with a GA-Z77X-UP5 TH with DSDT).

Hmm, that sounds like bad luck, although 'crashes' is a very vague problem description.

I'm running a 7870XT (poor man's 7950) and it works fine, although is detected as 7xxx.

I haven't upgraded to 10.9.2 yet as it seems to have caused more problems than anything else for graphics whereas I was hoping for an improvement (running three monitors off one card so I can unplug my additional 6450).

Yes, sorry I have a screenshot of the kernel panic I'll post it later.
I'm completely clueless now. The only issue I had before was FakeSMC GPU plugin.
Hope I didn't damage the GPU in the switch.

Here's a screenshot of my Kernel Panic

I'm running tests right now on only the HD4000 from the CPU and I can run benchmarks without crashing (Heaven)

GPU (2).jpg

GraphicsEnabler=Yes for 10.9.2. Some have used AtiConfig=Vervet, but my build doesn't seem to need it. I have dual 7970s and my intel 4600 recognized by OSX. Here is my Org.Chameleon.Boot.Plist, it might be of some use to you.

I am using an Asrock Z87 board and 2 Sapphire HD 7970 cards. I have the motherboard set to initialize the onboard graphics first.

<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>2560x1440x32</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>IntelAzulFB</key>
<string>10</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>SystemType</key>
<string>1</string>
<key>Theme</key>
<string>Choose_Your_OS</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>1</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Display Info.jpg

I'll try it tomorrow...
Tonight I Tried just benchmarking the I7 with the HD4000 and it crash in Heaven Extreme :(
I don't remember it crashing ever but maybe some bios settings are wrong.
I'll also check my thermal paste on the CPU (liquid cooler are annoying to reinstall)

my card came in!
I chose graphicenabler=yes and integrated card as primary card.
the card works fine and is correctly dislayed as a radeon 7970 3gb under system information
however I do have the blind boot and I have no possibility to boot into windows

do I have to plug also the hd4000 output to the monitor?

I Tried it again, With GE=Yes and I had the same issue...

The GPU runs its fans full speed then crashes the machine and in subsequent boot won't turn on even.

I tried DSDT too just in case (and to get close to my precedent use case) but no joy.
I used to run the display from a MiniDP port and now I'm trying to use the DVI port (which works for a couple of seconds), I wonder if it could be part of the problem.

Also, like always when trouble shooting issue with my hack, I wonder if I didn't install a kext I shouldn't have. To this day I still don't know how to revert the OS to full Apple clean standard in order to rerun Multibeast like it was the first day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back