1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
GA-Z77-up5 TH
i7 3770
Boot drive is an OWC Accelsior.

The boot drive is recognized if I run my unibeast installer.

I did the combo update as per the instructions on the main page. It goes through the verbose boot like it should (I think). Repaired permissions before re-boot and again with my unibeast'd installer.

And it just hangs at "Still waiting for root device".

I won't lose anything important if I just re-install completely, except a few hours of time installing software (I foolishly did not make a full clone before the upgrade). Everything important is backed up elsewhere.

So, are there any suggestions other than starting over? FWIW, I might not. My MBP still does everything well that I "need" OS X for, and I've been thinking about turning the computer into a hypervisor box anyway. Just figured I'd ask first.

GA-Z77-up5 TH
i7 3770
Boot drive is an OWC Accelsior.

The boot drive is recognized if I run my unibeast installer.

I did the combo update as per the instructions on the main page. It goes through the verbose boot like it should (I think). Repaired permissions before re-boot and again with my unibeast'd installer.

And it just hangs at "Still waiting for root device".

I won't lose anything important if I just re-install completely, except a few hours of time installing software (I foolishly did not make a full clone before the upgrade). Everything important is backed up elsewhere.

So, are there any suggestions other than starting over? FWIW, I might not. My MBP still does everything well that I "need" OS X for, and I've been thinking about turning the computer into a hypervisor box anyway. Just figured I'd ask first.

same issue here any help?

You can try this option in Chameleon
dart=0
Disables the VT-d virtualization technology built into certain Intel processors.

You can try this option in Chameleon
dart=0
Disables the VT-d virtualization technology built into certain Intel processors.

it doesent work man

Doesn't work.

Also, 90% of the reason I bought that processor was to use VT-d. I was insanely disappointed when I found out OS X wouldn't boot with it enabled. It is disabled in my Bios, though...and has been since I realized it'd be a problem. The build was working fine for...9 months. It was the combo update that caused problems.

FWIW, I'm 90% of the way towards ditching the hackintosh. It'd take a while of moving all the drives to externals and cloning the data to non-HFS+ volumes, but I don't actually use OS X for anything but Serato DJ, Pro Tools, and Maschine anyway...and my MBP will run them just fine.

I should never have done the update without making a clone first.

I have encountered similar problem last night, it worked for me. Sorry can't give you more help as I'm not very experienced in the hackintosh yet. Hope you will find you solution soon.

See if you have npci=0x3000 in set in /Extras/org.chameleon.Boot.plist.

I had to switch that to npci=0x2000 to get rid of that problem with 10.8.5.

Success!

Thank you. Our of curiosity, how did you figure that out and what does the flag do?

Thank you worked like a charm!

I got my Z77X-UP5 TH working with 10.8.5 by just deleting the "ncpi" key. Is "npci" really needed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back