Graphics
UHD 630
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
10.8.5 Error While booting - Update with 'Software Update' or Combo update

Inter Core i7 3770
GTX 660
Gigabyte Z77 UD5H

I was trying to update by 'Software Update' and by downloaded combo update. For both i got some error, that doesn't say any reason, and then it restarts, and now it can boot only in safe mode. If simple mode - it stucks on error 'Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport'. In safe mode it seems that everything works fine, but sound doesn't work.

How can i fix it?

View attachment 67578

Same here...

Intel i7 3770k
GTX 660ti
Gigabyte Z77 UD5H

Any ideas of what might be causing this or how to debug/find the error?

Inter Core i7 3770
GTX 660
Gigabyte Z77 UD5H

I was trying to update by 'Software Update' and by downloaded combo update. For both i got some error, that doesn't say any reason, and then it restarts, and now it can boot only in safe mode. If simple mode - it stucks on error 'Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport'. In safe mode it seems that everything works fine, but sound doesn't work.

How can i fix it?

For both i got some error, that doesn't say any reason, and then it restarts, and now it can boot only in safe mode. If simple mode - it stucks on error 'Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport'. In safe mode it seems that everything works fine, but sound doesn't work.
Delete S/L/E/GenericUSBXHCI
Sound is disabled in safe mode.

See Stork's comments, tonymacx86 - OS X 10.8.5 Update

Thanks. I'll try in a few days. By the way, does the reason of failing installing is in "Repairing permission" before install? And about Generic kext. Stork wrote, that i should install the new one, instead of delete it. So delete, or install new kext?)

Tried to install with Stork's manual, and tried the same but without installing the new Generic kext. In both cases i get this error (image). The difference beetwen the first time i tried to install, is that now i don't get an error while updating system, but problem with Bluetooth still exists.
IMG_0304.jpg

I get the same error on my hackintosh. I can only boot up in safe mode otherwise it stucks at [IOBluetoothHCIController][SearchForTransportEventTimeOutHandler] -- Missing BluetoothController Transport! (My system: Z87MX-D3H, i7 4770k, GTX 760)

Does anyone have a solution for it?!
View attachment 67660

I get the same error on my hackintosh. I can only boot up in safe mode otherwise it stucks at [IOBluetoothHCIController][SearchForTransportEventTimeOutHandler] -- Missing BluetoothController Transport! (My system: Z87MX-D3H, i7 4770k, GTX 760)

Does anyone have a solution for it?!
View attachment 67660

Are you using GraphicsEnabler=No ?

Are you using GraphicsEnabler=No ?
We both have the same problem, so i guess i can answer. Now, it doesn't matter is GraphicsEnabler No, or Yes. It stucks at this line

IMG_0305.jpg

Yes, that's right. GraphicsEnabler=Yes/No doesn't have any influence on it. I don't think that it has to do something with graphics. There's no difference if I turn out my video card and boot with integrated graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back