Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

I know a lot of folks have reported troubles with 10.8.5 haswell installs, unfortunately I have been searching since my trouble started and haven't been able to find a solution.

For me (clean install attempt), I boot to Chimera from the USB stick, and as soon as I select the USB drive I see the apple logo for a second and the machine reboots.

Tried various boot flags from other threads to no result, I do see this however with -v:

Starting Darwin x86_64
Boot Args: boot-uuidAADD6C6F-E0DC-____-____-___________ rd=*uuid PCIRootUID=1 -v
**then it reboots**

Sorry for the missing strings, the only way I was able to see this message was recording it with my iPhone, if essential I could probably pull them all out. As a shot in the dark I then tried to boot with PCIRootUID=0. No goal.

I can however conduct a clean install with 10.8.4 (unibeast/haswell helper).

Any thoughts out there? Thanks!

I am having the same issue. any help would be appreciated.

same issue here. I would like to try 10.8.4 but I cant seem to get unibeast to "see" my 10.8.4 although I put it in the Applications folder.

Hi,

I know a lot of folks have reported troubles with 10.8.5 haswell installs, unfortunately I have been searching since my trouble started and haven't been able to find a solution.

For me (clean install attempt), I boot to Chimera from the USB stick, and as soon as I select the USB drive I see the apple logo for a second and the machine reboots.

Tried various boot flags from other threads to no result, I do see this however with -v:

Starting Darwin x86_64
Boot Args: boot-uuidAADD6C6F-E0DC-____-____-___________ rd=*uuid PCIRootUID=1 -v
**then it reboots**

Sorry for the missing strings, the only way I was able to see this message was recording it with my iPhone, if essential I could probably pull them all out. As a shot in the dark I then tried to boot with PCIRootUID=0. No goal.

I can however conduct a clean install with 10.8.4 (unibeast/haswell helper).

Any thoughts out there? Thanks!

Update BIOS! It help me reach install (asus h87-pro). Also try load default settings (F5 in bios for me) and save (F10).

May be you need patch your bios :confused:. In my case any linux/unix install fail until update (2013.09.10
). I use UniBeast 2.1.1 and disconnect all unnecessary from motherboard.

Try load with -x.​

Decided the easiest way through this is to pick up a recommended board. Ordered a
GA-Z87MX-D3H.

I'm going to be modifying this:
http://www.shopping.hp.com/en_US/home-office/-/products/Desktops/HP-ENVY/D6M11AV. I purchased this in August (with a great HP coupon for only about 900 bucks) to replace my late '09 27" iMac. Guess I didn't last too long on Windows, aye? Based on my calculations from the September guide I'll still be ahead by a few hundred dollars.

This will be a fun process!

Decided the easiest way through this is to pick up a recommended board. Ordered a
GA-Z87MX-D3H. I'm going to be modifying this:
http://www.shopping.hp.com/en_US/home-office/-/products/Desktops/HP-ENVY/D6M11AV. I purchased this in August (with a great HP coupon for only about 900 bucks) to replace my late '09 27" iMac. Guess I didn't last too long on Windows, aye? Based on my calculations from the September guide I'll still be ahead by a few hundred dollars.

This will be a fun process!

Wanted to update if anyone was curious. I was successfully able to swap the board out and get a working install of 10.8.5. The only trick was the stock HP liquid cooler was screwed to the stock board (D3H uses push connections), so I had to do some tweaking to get it to work. Everything else is working great. Only thing I've noticed so far is after trying to download some apps from the app store the machine has a tendency to freeze, not too sure what is causing that yet...

glad to know you were able to swap the board and get it working. as I am about to follow your advice, I would like to know if it is still freezing when downloading apps from the app store or were you able to fix it?
Thanks!

Wanted to update if anyone was curious. I was successfully able to swap the board out and get a working install of 10.8.5. The only trick was the stock HP liquid cooler was screwed to the stock board (D3H uses push connections), so I had to do some tweaking to get it to work. Everything else is working great. Only thing I've noticed so far is after trying to download some apps from the app store the machine has a tendency to freeze, not too sure what is causing that yet...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back