Contribute
Register

10.8.5 freezes Haswell

Status
Not open for further replies.
After trying a million things, I ended up to find out this is the popular 4 memory slots issue on GA Z87 board. So if I only put memories in two slots, I have no issues....yet. It has been up for 2 days and 3 hours. I've tried all kinds of things...gaming, video editing, even sleep works without any issue...

I tried to download the latest beta bios F7b but that didn't fix the memory issue. I can't live with only 8GB in my box. So if this is confirmed the issue I will either have to get two 8GB sticks which is expensive or replace the mb with Asus or Asrock.

Ugh. I'm also using four slots. Can everyone else having this issue confirm how many slots you're using?

Great… I wonder whether we'll see a firmware update for this at some point then.

I still haven't had any crashes since changing from "turbo" to "normal" but it looks like it'll only be a matter of time before it happens again. If it does crash again then I'll pull a stick out; I'd rather have the stability than the extra 4 GB. Hopefully I can put the extra stick back in with a future update.

Thanks for digging out that information though; I definitely appreciate it :)

Hmm, still not a single crash since changing to "Normal". I think it's been more than a week since the last one so that may have actually fixed it! :D

Guess whose machine just crashed :banghead:

I've set the BIOS back to "turbo" and have removed one of the RAM sticks.

In case anyone's still following this, I am still having problems. I've tried various settings including memory speed in BIOS, number of RAM modules, whether USB 3 is enabled or not, BIOS version (updated from F5 to F7), using the Nvidia drivers instead of the Apple ones… and nothing seems to help. I did, however, get coloured squares on the screen this morning so I've now removed my GTX 760 and am using the Intel 4600. I'll post back if/when it crashes again…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back