CPU
i7 3770
Graphics
GTX 980
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I get an installation error when I try to use the App Store, and when I download the combo update, the DMG fails to mount due to an "invalid checksum". If I skip verification when opening the DMG the updater will mount and launch, but shortly after it says "Writing files..." the installation fails. Anyone else running into this?

Specs:

GA-Z77-DS3H
i7 3770
ASUS Radeon HD 6870 1GB
Crucial 140 GB SSD (boot)
16 GB RAM at 1666

I get an installation error when I try to use the App Store, and when I download the combo update, the DMG fails to mount due to an "invalid checksum". If I skip verification when opening the DMG the updater will mount and launch, but shortly after it says "Writing files..." the installation fails. Anyone else running into this?

Specs:

GA-Z77-DS3H
i7 3770
ASUS Radeon HD 6870 1GB
Crucial 140 GB SSD (boot)
16 GB RAM at 1666

Re-download your combo update. Clearly it is corrupt (invalid checksum). In fact, you should have never run it in the first place... you may have done irreparable damage to your install at this point and might be looking at a fresh install.

Re-download your combo update. Clearly it is corrupt (invalid checksum). In fact, you should have never run it in the first place... you may have done irreparable damage to your install at this point and might be looking at a fresh install.

I did re-download the update, with the same result.

I did re-download the update, with the same result.

Then I think your install is damaged. Time for a fresh install...

Then I think your install is damaged. Time for a fresh install...

Guess so. Rats. Thanks for the help! If I restore from Time Machine, will it remember my file paths for my home folder? I've got all of my documents, etc. on a separate drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back