Contribute
Register

10.8.4 Update available. What does/doesn't work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Clover EFI Bootloader works fine with 10.8.4 update. I have solved graphical glitches of Clover (turn out that Clover can't detect BusFrequency correctly, need to specify manually) and can use it in place of Chimera.

I used the combo update, ran the latest Probook installer, chose 10.8.3 support kexts, and Chimera. Works fine! Didn't even do that kext thing. The audio-out problem I'm having existed on 10.8.0 too. (Remember, I reinstalled all my OS's, so my Unibeast drive is only 10.8.0)

The Clover EFI Bootloader works fine with 10.8.4 update. I have solved graphical glitches of Clover (turn out that Clover can't detect BusFrequency correctly, need to specify manually) and can use it in place of Chimera.

Could you explain the process, or even share your EFI folder?

Could you explain the process, or even share your EFI folder?

Just add this to Clover plist file:
Code:
<key>CPU</key>
    <dict>
        <key>BusSpeedkHz</key>
        <string>99790</string>
        <key>CpuFrequencyMHz</key>
        <string>2294</string>
        <key>Turbo</key>
        <string>Yes</string>
    </dict>
Clover default is 100000kHz and it causes many problems with SoundFlower and graphical glitches (I assumed, need some days to test). 99790 is not perfect, I still get some errors with SoundFlower, but it's not as frequent as before.

You only need to carve off about 20GB (probably even less) for a fresh install. Just shrink your existing, and install fresh to a new 20GB partition.

It is /S/L/E/IOBluetoothFamily.kext. Restore that to vanilla and it might fix things... At this point, I'd be a little worried about the integrity of your whole install, since there isn't any reason to have messed with IOBluetoothFamily.kext in the first place. What else is wrong that might cause issues?

I had to replace IOBluetoothFamily.kext with a downloaded one from some thread here in order to get my bt worknig. Can you send me a vanilla IOBluetoothFamily.kext?

I had to replace IOBluetoothFamily.kext with a downloaded one from some thread here in order to get my bt worknig. Can you send me a vanilla IOBluetoothFamily.kext?

You can get a vanilla IOBluetoothFamily.kext yourself by doing a fresh install. I don't see what the problem is.

I have updated my machine and didn't detect a problem at first.
I am using a third party USB 3 kext. My motherboard uses the Etron EJ168 controller so I have to use a Kext. After the update it didn't work. So I reinstalled the driver and it started to work again. But after a reboot it was broken again. So if you use the same controller and need USB 3 better not update

I am using a third party USB 3 kext. My motherboard uses the Etron EJ168 controller so I have to use a Kext. After the update it didn't work. So I reinstalled the driver and it started to work again. But after a reboot it was broken again. So if you use the same controller and need USB 3 better not update

This is a HP ProBook ???

:crazy: ProBook and Etron EJ168 controller :crazy: Are you sure you're in the right forum?

Just add this to Clover plist file:
Code:
<key>CPU</key>
    <dict>
        <key>BusSpeedkHz</key>
        <string>99790</string>
        <key>CpuFrequencyMHz</key>
        <string>2294</string>
        <key>Turbo</key>
        <string>Yes</string>
    </dict>
Clover default is 100000kHz and it causes many problems with SoundFlower and graphical glitches (I assumed, need some days to test). 99790 is not perfect, I still get some errors with SoundFlower, but it's not as frequent as before.

Thanks, will find the proper values for my i3. The main reason why I do not use clover is those graphic issues.

BusSpeedkHz is the same, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back