Graphics
GTX 780 ti
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I've had a perfectly working build since early October, and I mean perfect. As I recall I only had to run the audio kext in MultiBeast.

Gigabyte z77 UP-5TH
i7 3770K W/O OC
Intel HD4000
32GB RAM
SANDISK SSX 240GB SSD (OS X)
OCZ Vertex 3 240GB SSD (Windows 7)
Belkin Mini Bluetooth Adapter

Roughly 6 weeks ago I rearranged my BIOS HDD boot order, moving the Windows 7 Boot into P0, and the OS X boot into P1 (Chimera is still on the OS X). I updated to 10.8.4 the other day as I've been mostly in Windows 7 since the release of 10.8.4.

In late June, I realized I was having major problems in Windows transferring over FTP, but not in OS X. After 2 weeks of troubleshooting and driver reinstalls etc, I decided it would be best to reinstall Windows 7.

So this morning I unplugged my OS X drive and ran the USB Boot drive for Windows 7 formatting the drive then installing a clean version of Windows 7. Everything went as planned, and I began reinstalling various drivers and rebuilding the OS. Keeping things to a minimal, I installed drivers for the intel hd4000/audio, my TP Link WDNR4800 and Ethernet LAN. Nothing more. To my delight, reinstalling windows 7 fixed my slow transfer speeds. However, I booted into P1: OS X only to have my system hang at the apple logo. I reran in -v ,and found just after Multitouchdevice : Entered - MACX SWAPON SUCCESS.

I unplugged the TP LINK wifi card, as it is the only PCI-E card on the MB, then unplugged the ethernet cable and the Belkin Bluetooth adapter. After a little frigging, I got the system to boot normally. Everything seems fine and dandy, except I now have no ability to play video in VLC.

I get this error message.
Open GL acceleration is not support on your Mac. Your Mac lacks quartz extreme acceleration, which is required for video output.

What happened? and how might I being to investigate/fix.

Thanks!

Late last evening I found that no kext was loaded. So I added <<device properties>>string>> for the HD4000, everything looks good.

Just wondering, how would the kext go missing during the combo upgrade?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back