i5 4690K
Graphics
intel HD 4600
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hey I've been using an hp p6334f and have been running hackintosh ML 10.8.3 perfectly. I just upgraded to 10.8.4 but now my audio is broken and I can't seem to make it to work from multibeast. My audio is an ALC888S. Can anyone help me? Thanks :)

See tonymacx86 - OS X 10.8.4 Update/What we know about 10.8.4 so far…/• Updated audio drivers/

I can confirm that audio is now broken in 10.8.4...... I get the dreaded "The Installation Failed" error with either VooDoo or RealTek........... :banghead:

Voodoo Kext was no help either. I now wish I hadn't updated to 10.8.4 on my audio workstation. Who knew that Apple loves to break things by fixing them! :crazy: :lolno:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-06-07 at 11.04.51 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-06-07 at 11.04.51 AM.png
    67.6 KB · Views: 126
I can confirm that audio is now broken in 10.8.4.
Old news; user error. Nothing wrong with 10.8.4. Voodoo and AppleHDA cannot be installed on top of each other. Boot into single user mode and remove either or both. Otherwise, a clean install in required.

My apologies for hijacking the thread, but I've run into the same issue. After upgrading to 10.8.4 via the App Store, my audio no longer works.

In hindsight, I probably should have opted for the Apple Combo Updater rather than opt for the App Store method. I have tried reinstalling the Realtek audio ALC8XY drivers multiple times, rebooting, and repairing disk permissions in various chronological order and cannot restore my sound. I went as far as delving into the S/L/E folder and manually deleting the installed audio kexts (I found these by sorting by "last added"), and then reinstalling the latest audio kexts from MultiBeast, all to no avail.

Is there something I'm doing wrong? Is there a specific kext I should be looking to delete? I'm positive I'm using the latest version of MB for my specified OS (ML). My motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-Z77N-WIFI

Edit: I should mention I attempted to repair permissions using Kext Wizard, but that didn't work either.

I'm getting the exact same error as daspazz gets when trying to reinstall using Multibeast 5.3.1 -- it keeps saying Installation Failed.

Also using the same motherboard as tetrisfreak (Gigabyte GA-Z77N-WIFI).

Does someone have a simple step by step procedure to get audio working again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back