Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
[Solved]10.8.3 Won't Boot GA Z77N wifi i7 3770k no graphic card

Hello,

I'm quite new here on TonyMac so please be gentle. I have created Unibeast with 10.8.3 Mountain Lion purchased from App store and did a fresh install from 10.6.8. The installation was smooth but restarting from install I get graphic glitch and can barely see a thing on the screen. I then use -x GraphicEnabler=No and it boot up fine. After installing multibeast (Without DSDT/ALC892, Network/Lnx2Mac's, Boot Options/1080p display, GraphicEnabler=No) I rebooted but Mountain Lion won't boot. It get stuck on the gray apple logo with spinning sign right before login screen. However, it boot fine with -x everytime.

I've tried so many combination of guides such as ESC, Braddman, and Bittermelon to name a few but to no prevail. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

System:
Ga z77n wifi
i7 3770k
Samsung 830 256gb
Corsair tx650m
Dvi-vga adapter to monitor

Attachments

• V.jpg
    V.jpg
    452.2 KB · Views: 246
Hello,

I'm quite new here on TonyMac so please be gentle. I have created Unibeast with 10.8.3 Mountain Lion purchased from App store and did a fresh install from 10.6.8. The installation was smooth but restarting from install I get graphic glitch and can barely see a thing on the screen. I then use -x GraphicEnabler=No and it boot up fine. After installing multibeast (Without DSDT/ALC892, Network/Lnx2Mac's, Boot Options/1080p display, GraphicEnabler=No) I rebooted but Mountain Lion won't boot. It get stuck on the gray apple logo with spinning sign right before login screen. However, it boot fine with -x everytime.

I've tried so many combination of guides such as ESC, Braddman, and Bittermelon to name a few but to no prevail. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

System:
Ga z77n wifi
i7 3770k
Samsung 830 256gb
Corsair tx650m
Dvi-vga adapter to monitor

The screen picture you posted is too small, the text on it is unreadable. But I think I know what your problem is. You can't use a DVI-VGA adapter with Mac OS X; it only supports digital displays (DVI-D, HDMI, DisplayPort, etc.), not analog (VGA). Does your monitor not have a digital input? If not, you need a modern monitor. Also, I assume you're using the CPU's onboard HD4000 graphics since you didn't mention a separate graphics card. If so, you shouldn't be booting with GraphicsEnabler=no, it should be yes (the default if you don't specify the boot flag).

The screen picture you posted is too small, the text on it is unreadable. But I think I know what your problem is. You can't use a DVI-VGA adapter with Mac OS X; it only supports digital displays (DVI-D, HDMI, DisplayPort, etc.), not analog (VGA). Does your monitor not have a digital input? If not, you need a modern monitor. Also, I assume you're using the CPU's onboard HD4000 graphics since you didn't mention a separate graphics card. If so, you shouldn't be booting with GraphicsEnabler=no, it should be yes (the default if you don't specify the boot flag).

Solved!!! Thank you very much for your input, I've been trying to figure this out for two days. I feel kind of silly because my solution was just simply switching the monitor. I current don't have a modern monitor at the moment so I had to go borrow one, but it work just fine now. Thanks again, I'm really grateful for your help!:wave:

Solved!!! Thank you very much for your input, I've been trying to figure this out for two days. I feel kind of silly because my solution was just simply switching the monitor. I current don't have a modern monitor at the moment so I had to go borrow one, but it work just fine now. Thanks again, I'm really grateful for your help!:wave:

You're welcome - glad I could help!

I have the exact same hardware and have too found out the hard way that you can't use a DVI-VGA adaptor without random failed boots etc. I did get a long way using that though.

My issue is similiar...now I have 10.8.3 installed, I can't boot unless I use -x (A graphics limited boot mode?)
The desktop looks like a high res though, so we seem to have good graphics working by there.

I saw somewhere the 1080p boot option in Multibeast, so I enabled that and complete Multibeast and rebooted, but same result.

Any tips?

Yes I am using a HDMI monitor now.

Thanks for reading.

I have the exact same hardware and have too found out the hard way that you can't use a DVI-VGA adaptor without random failed boots etc. I did get a long way using that though.

My issue is similiar...now I have 10.8.3 installed, I can't boot unless I use -x (A graphics limited boot mode?)
The desktop looks like a high res though, so we seem to have good graphics working by there.

I saw somewhere the 1080p boot option in Multibeast, so I enabled that and complete Multibeast and rebooted, but same result.

Any tips?

Yes I am using a HDMI monitor now.

Thanks for reading.

I'm fairly new to hackintosh so I can not give you expert advice. I have not tried hdmi on the integrated motherboard. I could be wrong but maybe OSX only work with DVI on the integrated graphic so try giving DVI a shot. We have the same hardware so it might be just that. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back