Contribute
Register

10.8.3 - Luxmark OpenCL Scores Significantly Lowered

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried installing the 10.8.2 NVidia drivers, successful, kinda, but not really. I was able to use the NVidia installer to install the drivers, just deleted all the 10.8.3 kexts first. After restart, made it to the log-on page, typed in my password, it tried to log-in, then it just brought me back to the log-on page again. For some reason it won't make it to the desktop. Very weird, it makes it to the log-on screen, but not the desktop????????

i modifyed the installer to get able to install the nVidia package from 10.8.2 on 10.8.3 too but i stopped on the same point , i had to reinstall the 10.8.3 drivers again to be able to log in ...

while playing arround with the kexts and editing info plists i have seen something weird , in NVDAGK100HAL and the other kexts from the nVidia Driver from 10.8.2 there is in info.plist IOKitPersonalities/NVidiaRM/IOProviderClass the point IOPCIDevice and in the same place from the 10.8.3 kexts is only IOService ..... dont know if that could be the point for loosing performance but to edit it back to IOPCIDevice doesnt work for me at all :-/ it was just a try ^^

btw sorry for crappy english , i do ma best to be understandable ;)

I got a 781 on my EVGA GT 640. I imagine I should also be a bit higher, but maybe not too much.

Edit: Correction 686, I had chosen a different test than you did. I expect this should be quite higher at this point.

I was trying to do 10.8.3 update and then I realised that we with 670 680 cards have good performance with 10.8.2
10.8.3 bring same benefits for other graphics and downgrade for as. I cant see any other fixes/improvements.
So what for do updates at all costs if it give us only higher number 10.8.3 and nothing else. Unless Im missing something.

Same problem here.
My score with 10.8.2 was 1100+ and now with 10.8.3 is less than 700.
:(
Yeah, my score dropped like yours for my 660 ti, but mine is now 662 from 1200+

Same here... GTX670, sala scene is 682 :(
Is this the price of "OSX 10.8.3 official support for 6xx cards"?
My old 5870 ATI was way faster in openCL!
Cinebench is slower, Luxmark is slower, Aperture bugs...I think Nvidia is a wrong way for fully working Hackies.Many problems for just CUDA?!
I think, it's time to see the new supported ATI cards...

I am in the process of writing up an explanation on what is happening.

Look for the upcoming article "OS X 10.8.3 and NVIDIA 6xx OpenCL Benchmarks"

i have done some tests and its like the Luxmark bench results on 10.8.2 where more "Overpowered" then on on other OSes , on Linux and on Windows i get nearly the same results from Luxmark then now on 10.8.3 ....

i hope we get the "power" back with an nVidia own release of new drivers and if that doesnt come ill go back to 10.8.2 or i have to live with the average scores ^^

regards
OiWarning

I am in the process of writing up an explanation on what is happening.

Look for the upcoming article "OS X 10.8.3 and NVIDIA 6xx OpenCL Benchmarks"

Thank you MacMan!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back