Contribute
Register

10.8.3 ASROCK z77 Pro4 -m 10.8.3 Upgrade Can not boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASRock Z77 Pro4-M
CPU
i5-3450
Graphics
GTX 550 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
10.8.3 Upgraded boot won't go pass Sanboxd (RESOLVED)

Hi,

I have an asrock z77 pro4-m with an nvidea 550 ti. After installing the update I get stuck at the spinning wheel. Looks like it freezes after loading the bluetooth controller.

It gets stuck at sandbox: sandbox(91) deny mach-lookup com.apple.coresymbolicationd

IMG_2149.jpg

-v is posted

Safe mode always works.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks!

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 491
Having a similar Issue (same MB), mine stops right after the Bluetooth daemon.

PCIRootUID=0 -f
did the trick of booting without -x for me (with weird graphics glitches though). I still haven't managed to get it all set up properly..

if you get it done, please let me know how.

Currently trying to redo the upgrade with universe. I will let u know what happens

I ended up reinstalling 10.8.3 from scratch. Works now except i only have one resolution.

System Info shows: Graphics GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1024 MB

10.8.3 ASROCK z77 Pro4 -m 10.8.3 Upgrade Can not boot. (RESOLVED)

OK Im back up 100%.

After i created a 10.8.3 unibeast. I did a fresh install.

I got stuck at bluetooth started.

So i follow these steps to fix it:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...iobluetoothhcicontroller-start-completed.html

After that I could boot up into 10.8.3 install and finished installation. Downloaded mulitbeast and installed with dsdt.

I then grabbed the nvidea kexts out of the backup i created and put it on my desktop. Downloaded kext beast and reinstalled the nvidea kext. That got me going.

Thanks,

Thanks, will try it later today!

would you mind sharing your multibeast options? I feel I screwed it up last time and I just want to make sure :)

i aa ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 and had a lot of similar issues. this helped a lot, but i still cant get sound working. Voodoo kexts didn't help. Sound works when i empty the trash or install an update. but the sound doesnt work when i adjust volume or anything online. Any help is appreciated

Ok, I am stuck on boot saying "System Uptime in nanoseconds 'NUMBER' "

this is what I did.
Fresh unibeast install
removed "ATI" "GeForce" or "NVDA" kexts to a kext_backup like here:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-lion-desktop-support/93336-ga-z77-ds3h-startup-error-iobluetoothhcicontroller-start-completed.html

finished the install and then Multibeast with the DSDT from here:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/hdmi-audio/68977-hdmi-audio-asrock-pro4-m-sapphire-6870-a.html#post469808
I checked the options for Audio, Network and fakeSMC.
As Bootoptions I set GraphicsEnabler=No and Verbose..

The bios is patched

When I boot, everything seems to run well up the point saying "System Uptime"
what am I doing wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back