Contribute
Register

10.8.2 wont boot past Chimera loading screen. "org.chameleon.Boot.plist" issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Z68-uD4
CPU
i7 2600k
Graphics
EVGA GTX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
My Specs:
Mountain Lion 10.8.2
gigabyte z68xp ud4
i5 2500K
EVGA GeForce GTX 550 Ti 2GB
60gb ocz agility 3 SSD

had to use (PCIRootUID=1)
Right on the first boot everything worked no issues. it saw my graphics card but it said 1gb until i installed the Nvidia drivers then it said the proper 2gb. it recognized my network thru ethernet port and wifi right away with no issues. I didn't have to install anything at all so No DSDT was needed. this is my question I have to edit my "org.chameleon.Boot.plist" to add the (PCIRootUID=1) so that I don't have to enter it every time I boot but without installing the DSDT the file wasn't in my extra folder. So I used Chameleon Wizard to make a "org.chameleon.Boot.plist" and went into the root of my hdd and created the extra folder and added the "org.chameleon.Boot.plist" file. installed Chimera bootloader 1.11.1 and did a reboot pulled the usb stick and thought I was done but it wont boot past the Chimera screen and when I hit enter to boot it just stays stuck at the apple screen. Now if I boot into UniBeast and click the Mountain Lion boot drive it will boot just fine. any help would be much appreciated. if I didn't explain it properly please as questions and I will try to explain further so I can get some help.

Your explanation is clear,why you made your own plist is not.
If you had wanted to just pciroot all you had to do was select it as an option in multi beast.

If you did not make a DSDT you do not have one.

Hopefully you did not do anything that is irreversible to your system with Chameleon Wizard.
If you have not caused yourself a problem just run Multibeast with options you need.
It will create a new plist.
You probably did not run Chameleon Wizard properly.
I do not know why you even used it.

Also if you had to create an extra folder you did something radically wrong or did not follow or understand
installation procedure. Recommend you follow articles and videos.
Some emphasis to follow include MultiBeast and generation of Extra folder.
Multibeast creates Extra and plist.

glad I was able to be clear on my issue. I made my own plist because I thought that was the only way to add the pciroot but Now I know it can be added with multi beast. thats great news to me because that seemed to be my only issue. I also didn't know that chameleon wizard could do things that were irreversible. hopefully I didn't. if I did I'm not afraid of having to format and start from scratch hopefully that will correct any issues I may have caused. I will take your advice and hopefully this will cure my issue. thanks for the quick reply and I will report back with a update.

If you had wanted to just pciroot all you had to do was select it as an option in multi beast.

Hopefully you did not do anything that is irreversible to your system with Chameleon Wizard.
If you have not caused yourself a problem just run Multibeast with options you need.

Also if you had to create an extra folder you did something radically wrong or did not follow or understand

ok I started from scratch and booted into unibeast and formatted the ssd and reinstalled 10.8.2. booted again from unibeast and used the (PCIRootUID=1) went right into mountain lion and downloaded muiltibeast 5.2.1 and tried to install the pciroot patch and this is what I get. but how is mulitibeast suppose to patch a plist that doesn't exist because I haven't installed a DSDT. i know thats what installs the plist to the extra folder. also provided a picture of whats in my extra folder.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-01-19 at 2.53.46 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-01-19 at 2.53.46 PM.jpg
    179.1 KB · Views: 136
  • Screen Shot 2013-01-19 at 2.54.14 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-01-19 at 2.54.14 PM.jpg
    171 KB · Views: 236
  • Screen Shot 2013-01-19 at 3.03.45 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-01-19 at 3.03.45 PM.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 208
Status