Nvidia GTX 670
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hey,
my system keeps freezing when i put in a drive in the front usb ports of my pc. Works fine when inserted before the system is started but when i insert a usb into the front ports it freezes. This only started happening after updated to 10.8.2
Cheers

Hey,
my system keeps freezing when i put in a drive in the front usb ports of my pc. Works fine when inserted before the system is started but when i insert a usb into the front ports it freezes. This only started happening after updated to 10.8.2
Cheers

Not seen any problems like that, is xHCI and EHCI handoff enabled in the UEFI?

so thats already enables.... got it working just moved the front usb header to the one in the corner and it seemed to work...

I'm having a similar problem on 10.8.2. Anytime I plug in a USB stick or my USB SD card reader my system freezes. Regardless of which USB port I use (front, back, USB 2.0, USB 3.0) the device doesn't mount and my system requires a hard restart. Other USB devices (keyboard, mouse, iPhones) are connecting without issues. Everything else seems to be working fine since the 10.8.2 upgrade. Thanks in advance for any help.

Gigabyte Z77x-UD5H

Same happens with my system. I am still on 10.8.1...

Got it working by installing the Lacie USB3 drivers and selecting EHCI handoff to AUTO in the Bios. In Bios also set USB legacy support to Disable.

USB 3 devices work in USB3 and USB 2 ports. USB2 only in USB2-ports.

I have the same problem, only USB storage devices causes the freeze(pendrives or External HDD), others devices like keyboard, mouse, webcam or bluetooth dongle are ok.
I tried enabling and disabling "hand-of", but didn't work.
I tried with bios f9 and f11.
Running 10.8.2

SOLVED: Reinsatliing Mac Os 10.8.0 + Combo Update 10.8.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back