Contribute
Register

10.8.2 problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all, can anybody PLEASE tell me what to do in a fresh install of ML 10.8.2 from scratch. I can complete the install with zero issues, but as soon as i run multibeast the first time and reboot i CANNOT get back into the OS after that no matter what i do. Installing with DSDT or without is the same, boot flags DO NOT work, the system goes as far as the log in screen on some occasions but that's it, it will freeze/hang/halt/stay there, after that. So i cant go into the OS to either update the ACPI kekt or delete this OEMsmbios one. The one thing i am going to try right now is do another fresh install and before rebooting after multibeast i will delete that oemsmbios kext and do repair permissions in disk utility.

PLEASE HELP! I am at my wits and patience's end, if there is no solution for this right now i will just throw in the towel. This issue has frustrated me out of wanting to do this build. I would really appreciate a straight step by step answer to get my particular situation resolved.

I have even tried to do the acpi kext update before restarting the first time after the ML installation.

MY system:

GA-H61N-USB3
i3-2105
HD3000 (using dvi right now, but have tried vga and it works too, but issue is there no matter what)
Kingston +V200 120gig SSD
2x 4gig corsair ram

Disconnected everything on the computer except main drive and 1 stick of memory, not even an optical drive hooked up.

When i run -v my system halts at:

"...
FIPS USER Space POST Success!
Synced /var/db/
macx_swapon SUCCESS
ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::start - waitForService(resourceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement) timed out
[AGPM Controller] unknownPlatform
com_lnx2mac_RealtekRTL81xx: Ethernet address 90:2b:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx
"

And that's it... HELP!

Thanks.

Well folks, something miraculous just happened. I reinstalled 10.8.2 (again for the 12th hundred time), used Multibeast 4.6.1 from LION, YES, LION! installed the same things i understand my pc needs and low and behold, SUCCESS!! The PC starts and works so far no freezes, no KP, no need for boot flags it's finally running under its own boot power.

I honestly think the only thing different that i have done this time around is that multibeast from Lion still has the repair permissions option and the appleHDA roll back kext, but i honestly have no clue as to why it just worked.

I will report back after ive this running for a few days and see if it wants to die or crash or not work again.

I was really this close to calling it quits if that hadnt worked.

Let's see what this can do.

Hope you guys can come up with a fix to this situation.

The right way (for the time) is the rollback on AppleACPIPlatform.kext.
Thanks the @unixservice and insaleymac.

Thank you for this! I updated to 10.8.2 form 10.8 and got the error at first. I couldn't get into safe mode, but luckily, I had and big usb HD with a dedicated partition for repair tools for Lion on them. This worked using Kext Wizard on the 10.8.2 partition. I had to remove AppleHDA.kext then reinstall my ALC8xxHDA.Kext (which amazingly still works!) and multibeast audio driver as well

Now my Hackintosh desktop is updated to the thing as my REAL MacBook!

Thanks again!

I accidentally updated my hackintosh (see forum signature) with the auto-updater, and now I can't boot. I've tried booting with -x, -s , -f, -F and of course -v to see where the problem is.

I've already made a post about my issue, but haven't got any replies. See this thread for a better description of my problem;

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...ecrypto-kext-fips-post-passed.html#post511367

Any1 who can help me?

Can anybody help me?

System was working fine but I decided to upgrade to 10.8.2 from 10.8.

It hasnt worked :(

I managed to boot into safe mode once - tried to install FakeSMC.kext from multibeast and then reboot and now all I get is

Waiting for DSMOS...

And then Resetting IOCatalogue.

Any ideas?

Screenshot attached.

If I can get it too boot just momentarily I should be able to restore from a time machine backup to get back to 10.8 and be happy again!!

Attachments

• securedownload.jpg
    securedownload.jpg
    740.2 KB · Views: 584
Hi all - I'm experiencing the same problem with a twist:

Rolling back AppleACPIPlatform.kext worked, but only once! I'm quite baffled... Briefly here's what happened:

GA Z68XP UD3 R 1.3 board
GA 550Ti video
Core i7 2600
16GB RAM

Used Unibeast 1.6 to install ML 10.8.2 (fresh from App Store 1/4/13) - had to use PCIRootUID=0 and -x to boot from USB. Install worked great.

Again using -x and PCIRootUID=0 used USB bootloader to boot new ML install on SSD - no problems.

DL'd Multibeast for ML (Ethernet works) and ran DSDT-free install with only Realtek 889 and Lnx2Mac drivers (also tried easybeast with same result as below).

Rebooted again with PCIRootUID=0 and -x this time using the bootloader from the SSD - no problems.

Used KextBeast (thanks Tony!) to install AppleACPIPlatform.kext as per this thread, put PCIRootUID=0 in the com.apple.plist in the Extras folder. Used KextWizard to rebuild caches and repair permissions.

Rebooted and it worked flawlessly - right to the login screen - everything works.

PROBLEM: shut down to connect a backup drive to get old data/apps and on reboot it hangs again at Apple screen; -v flag shows it's hanging at pretty much the same point as everyone else with the 10.8.2 problem.

QUESTION: what's going on? why did the fix only work once? is ML booting using some kernel cache that didn't get refreshed with KextWizard?

HINT: To get it working again I had to do a reinstall of ML because the AppleACPIPlatform.kext rollback doesn't work a second time...

Thanks for all the great support on this site!

goodski

If you are still having trouble booting up, try turning off VT-d in BIOS. I had to do this on the machine I build for my father.

Spooky! Got a GTX650 card because I heard they work OOB and tried it again - it sounded like a graphics card problem. SAME THING! The power management rollback solved the problem ONLY ONCE! See previous message - booted one time perfectly after ACPIPlatformkext rollback, but tried to reboot again and it failed - spinning at Apple logo.

Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back