Contribute
Register

10.8.2 problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
when you boot into safe mode you have to connect your display to the built in HD4000

Thank you very much!
Replacing ACPI kext fixed problem for me on GA-Z77-DS3H and 10.8.2

I am having the same problem now with it being stuck at Oem kernel panic not even booting in safe mode the mad thing about this i went in /System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext/Contents/Plugins/ to remove OemSupport.kext" but that file was not there not even the plugin folder ? i try a total new install of 10.8 using Unibeast and then update to 10.8.2 and it worked fine booting up like a dream i just installed lan drivers and sound from MultiBeast 5.0.2 nothing else but as soon as i imported my profile from my back up drive same problem came back non boot with same error i did a hole new install once more but this time tried MultiBeast 5.0.2 sound/ lan / and my f7 dsdt and non worker once more i need some help here as i feel the only way i can get 10.8.2 working is to lose my old profile and reinstall all my software ect and for get about my back up profile. short story i got 10.8.2 working but only as a fresh install booting from Unibeast screen that was installed with lion on the hard drive help help help :( i am using a gigabyte ga-z68xp-ud3p with bios f7 help help help :(

Boot into Safe Mode and delete the OemSMBIOS.kext from the Plugins directory of the FakeSMC.kext and rebuild caches, everything will work fine afterwards.

Why i can't delete OemSMBIOS.kext via terminal with rm -r ....!
And how could install the other kext ?
Thanks!

The right way (for the time) is the rollback on AppleACPIPlatform.kext.
Thanks the @unixservice and insaleymac.

Worked for me. Cheers dude :)

Just tried to install 10.8.2 from 10.8 installation. Hangs on apple logo spinning loader.

Unable to boot into -x, -v, or -s - just get the screen from OP's post.
Booting with GraphicsEnabler=No -x -v boots all the way through verbose mode and stops on Nvidia 1081 GTX570 registering and overclocking.

Can I use the terminal to copy the AppleACPI....kext from the root of my usb drive to S/L/E on the HD.??

Solved my own problem.

On another computer downloaded the AppleACPIPlatform.kext to the root directory of my Unibeast Flash Drive which was labeled "USB"

Booted up with USB Drive and hit up the terminal.

created a temp folder in my OSX Volume which is named Mac OS (in terminal use * for space)

cd /Volumes/Mac*OS
mkdir Temp

then copy the existing AppleACPIPlatform.kext to the temp folder to back it up

cp -r /Volumes/Mac*OS/System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext /Volumes/Mac*OS/Temp/

then remove the original kext from S/L/E after you copied it to Temp folder.

rm -r /Volumes/Mac*OS/System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext

then copy the kext from your USB drive to S/L/E

cp -r /Volumes/USB/AppleACPIPlatform.kext /Volumes/Mac*OS/System/Library/Extensions/

Done!!

type exit

Restart your rig.

Enjoy.

An update of my status. I gave up upgrading to 10.8.2 and rolled back to 10.8.1 from Time Machine. Finally I can reach the installer by using the VGA outlet of onboard VGA as suggested somewhere in this thread, so I can use the restore from Time Machine function. I am now searching for a solution to my CMOS reset issue before another try to 10.8.2.

I have updated 10.8.1 to 10.8.2 on my system, and i got infinite spinning wheel, in verbose mode i saw that problem is with that think SMBIO*** but instead removing it like some of people suggested it i replaced my AppleACPIPlatform.kext from first post, and now my system is booting ok.

Well kinda not ok, now boot time (spinning wheel) takes from 3-5sec to more then 20sec, but thats not prob. still, but problem is that now all my internal hard-rives are shown as External and removable (orange icons) and i cant turn TRIM SUPPORT ON for my SSD ...

Any one know how to solve that problem? I think its bug / problem with AppleACPIPlatform.kext i have installed :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back