Graphics
EVGA GTX 650 Ti 1GB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
After booting into 10.8.2 and being prompted for login password, my keyboard stops working. It still functions in boot loader but once I boot into osx, pressing keys or clicking with a mouse does nothing. The mouse cursor is still moving, however. It takes about 30 more seconds to boot now. Anyone know what's up? Thanks.

This is bad. I tried to do a fresh install with combo update to 10.8.2 and the system still won't let me type in a login password. I also tried
10.7.5 and have the same problem. I'm absolutely stumped because the verbose mode iisn't showing any errors and I don't know where to go from here.

Anyone have any ideas wwhat I can try?

Also, everything works in safe mode (-x).

It seems that if I wait about 5 minutes on login screen, it finally allows me to type and I can log in.

I have similar issue, after 10.8 however on normal load i get kp after waiting on wheel for about 2 minutes. I tried loading with -x -v but keyboard wont wont or mouse.

aradarth ur issue is completly unrelated you prolly just need bcc9 patch from insanley mac as for the keyboard not working thats strange try loading any kext related to usb from a earlyer version of osx

Today I turned on the computer (10.8.2) and it worked. I was able to type password without any delay. I don't know how I fixed it. I rolled back the following files to 10.8.1 versions:

IOUSBFamily.kext
IOUSBMassStorageClass.kext
IOBluetoothFamily.kext

I'm also using a rolled back AppleACPIPlatform.kext recommended in thread labeled "10.8.2 problem".

Ok, I finally figured out the problem! When you first boot into newly updated 10.8.2, you won't be able to type anything for about 2 minutes on the login screen. After you wait and login, reinstall the audio drivers and FakeSMC from Multibeast 5.0.2; go to Disk Utility and repair permissions; finally, open Terminal and update cache (type: sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions). Also, if you install FakeSMC plugins, you have to go to FakeSMC.kext (S/L/E) and from PlugIns folder, remove OemSMBIOS.kext or else you get KP'd.

Woohoo!

same problem here, usb keyboard and magic mouse is blocked after boot for 2 minutes, after this time, all is working !?!

@brosmonaut: your guide is not working for me :(

greets, Franky

PS: sorry for my bad english

After update 10.8.2 *combo* installer ask me to reboot, I force quit from finder, then I installed audio and FakeSMC with plugins kexts, repaired permissions, removed kernel panic plugin OemSMBIOS.kext, input terminal command to touch extensions folder and then reboot.

Hi brosmonaut, could you upload the kexts you used to roll back for USB? I'm having the same issue!! Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back