Contribute
Register

10.8.2 GA-B75M-D3P Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry but I forgot to indicate my system specs.

I'm using the Board (F6 bios), a core i3-3225, using the built in HD4000. And 4GB of hard drive space. Boot drive is a Corsair M4 128GB SSD connected to the Intel SATA6 port.

Thanks!

All I did was install the 10.8.2 update and rebooted using -x and was able to get to the desktop. I used an app called Kext Utility to install the 10.8 version of ACPIPlatform.kext while in safe mode. In hind-sight, what I could have done was install the ACPIPlatform.kext straight after the update. In other words, when the updated has finished installing, it will want you to reboot the system Instead of rebooting, install the 10.8 or even the 10.8.1 version of ACPIPlatform.kext and then restart.

In BIOS, check that VT-d is disabled.
I disabled it before I first installed as I heard it can give problems. Other than that, I did not have to do anything else. I use Kext Utility for installing kexts instead of Kext Beast as Kext Beast does not recompile the kext cache or repair permissions p[roperly. If you use Kext Beast and in org.chameleon.boot.plist you have UseKernelCache set to Yes, what happens is the previous version of the kext you are trying to replace is still embedded in the kextcache, which means the kext you are trying to roll back to will not be loaded. The best way to make sure you are replacing a kext is to delete the problem kext and install the roll-back kext, repair permissions with Disk Utility and reboot using -f as a boot flag. -f forces a recompile of the kextcache. That should work if you insist on using Kext Beast. I just find Kext Utility does all that those steps do in one action. Simply drop the kext you want to install on the Kext Utility icon and it will do the rest. It even renames the existing kext it replaces (to kextname.kext.bak) in case you want to go back to it for some reason (simply delete the newer kext and remove the .bak to get the old kext back).

That is all advice I can give you. I learnt hackintoshing without any automated procedures such as Unibeast and Multibeast, so I can only tell you what I did. If Multibeast does something weird or different from what I do, it makes helping you a bit more complicated. I like to keep things controlled and as simple as possible, using only the best tools in my opinion.

I mentioned replacing IOUSBFamily.kext, but it is not a must. USB 3 still works, it's just that the log files in Console report numerous errors with the 10.8.2 version - which it does not using the 10.8.1 version.

10.8.2 GA-B75M-D3P 660 Ti Issue solved

I was having problems getting this board to boot with an MSI 660 Ti graphics card. It would get past the Apple logo and then hang with a white screen. it would boot fine from the built in Intel 4000 DVI port. I got it to boot from the GTX 660 Ti after changing graphicsenabler=no and more importantly changing the system definition to iMac 12,2. Hope this helps someone

My board came with F4 bios. I was have kernel panics after installing ML and using Multibeast.

ML looked good before Multibeast booting with -F

This string has got me past a kernal panic to the spinner with the apple -> GraphicsEnabler=No PciRoot=1 -f -F DSDT=\dev\null

Any advice/

Where do I find VT-d?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back