Contribute
Register

10.8.2 "fresh install" freezes on white screen with cursor AFTER multibeast!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Lion 10.7.5
CPU
Intel Core i7 2600K
Graphics
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 560
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
so this is whats going on.

i have installed 10.8.2 using unibeast to install mountain lion on my external usb drives (for testing purposes)
and after the installation, my audio / networking didnt work. which was to be expected, because those same things
didnt work when i installed lion for the first time.

i am a noob, as this is my second time installing software for my hackintosh.
lion worked perfectley and was pretty straight forward, including the multibeast settings.

now, when i tried the same settings of multibeast from lion to mountain lion, after restarting
i am now getting a greyish / white screen with my cursor shown in the upper left corner and thats it.
the computer freezes. and nothing changes. this makes me think it had something to do with my settings i picked?

heres a screenshot of all the things i've checked before the freezing.
maybe i'm supposed to install easy beast first, then reboot, and install my audio drivers and networking?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-09-25 at 7.02.31 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2012-09-25 at 7.02.31 PM.jpg
    177 KB · Views: 383
so this is whats going on.

i have installed 10.8.2 using unibeast to install mountain lion on my external usb drives (for testing purposes)
and after the installation, my audio / networking didnt work. which was to be expected, because those same things
didnt work when i installed lion for the first time.

i am a noob, as this is my second time installing software for my hackintosh.
lion worked perfectley and was pretty straight forward, including the multibeast settings.

now, when i tried the same settings of multibeast from lion to mountain lion, after restarting
i am now getting a greyish / white screen with my cursor shown in the upper left corner and thats it.
the computer freezes. and nothing changes. this makes me think it had something to do with my settings i picked?

Looking at your picks, I see several things wrong for the -GD65 (I have this board).
Question - did you flash the BIOS to get MSR unlocked so you will have native power management?
Do not use EasyBeast, Use DSDT/NonDSDT
If you did not flash select NullCPUpowermanagement kext
you do not need any of the 3rd party kexts.
select the ALC898 NonDSDT as you have,
hnak's ethernet - note that the version in MultiBeast 5.0.2 does not work on this board in ML. Macman said he would include hnak's latest in MB 5.1.0, but I do not know when he plane to post it, so you can get it on hnak's thread on insanely

Looking at your picks, I see several things wrong for the -GD65 (I have this board).
Question - did you flash the BIOS to get MSR unlocked so you will have native power management?
Do not use EasyBeast, Use DSDT/NonDSDT
If you did not flash select NullCPUpowermanagement kext
you do not need any of the 3rd party kexts.
select the ALC898 NonDSDT as you have,
hnak's ethernet - note that the version in MultiBeast 5.0.2 does not work on this board in ML. Macman said he would include hnak's latest in MB 5.1.0, but I do not know when he plane to post it, so you can get it on hnak's thread on insanely

hey thank you for your reply.. these were the settings i used for lion and got it working.
at the time of my lion install there wasnt a dsdt yet, nor a guide for my specific model.
there were only guides for the thunderbolt version.

however now that you say you have this board, i would like to ask a few questions.
the dsdt that is now available for the board doesnt say anything about a rev number.. do you know if i have to update the bios to get it to work, or should it work on its own?

where can i find the specific file to flash my bios to get native power management?
as far as the hnak ethernet... besides waiting for a new update, how would i get an active kext that will work in the meantime?

so just to recap, let me know if i understand..
if i use a dsdt, then i shouldnt have to use ANY OTHER kexts in multibeast, other than nullcpupowermanagement.kext IF i didnt flash the MSR unlocked bios?

thanks you so much you've been very informative to me!!

hey thank you for your reply.. these were the settings i used for lion and got it working.
at the time of my lion install there wasnt a dsdt yet, nor a guide for my specific model.
there were only guides for the thunderbolt version.

however now that you say you have this board, i would like to ask a few questions.
the dsdt that is now available for the board doesnt say anything about a rev number.. do you know if i have to update the bios to get it to work, or should it work on its own?

where can i find the specific file to flash my bios to get native power management?
as far as the hnak ethernet... besides waiting for a new update, how would i get an active kext that will work in the meantime?

so just to recap, let me know if i understand..
if i use a dsdt, then i shouldnt have to use ANY OTHER kexts in multibeast, other than nullcpupowermanagement.kext IF i didnt flash the MSR unlocked bios?

thanks you so much you've been very informative to me!!
BIOS patch see http://www.tonymacx86.com/dsdt/47397-msi-asrock-foxconn-1155-patched-bios-thread.html

with patched BIOS you do not need a DSDT at all - just run MultiBeast and select DSDT/NonDSDT and install.
Also in MB check the NonDSDT ALC codec and hnak's ethernet.

without patched BIOS do the same except also select either nullCPU.

For an updated version of hnak's ethernet you can go to his thread on insanely mac and follow the link in his first post.

DSDT is required only if you want audio over HDMI, in which case see http://www.tonymacx86.com/hdmi-audio/70765-mountain-lion-hdmi-audio.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back