Contribute
Register

10.8.2 fresh install AND unibeast problem??

Status
Not open for further replies.
dude thats great news!!
When i get the chance I'll have to try it.

Sorry for the delay,but I do not have that much time last days.

I run my second Hackintosh with SB CPU and mITX H67 chipset. After I changed my SB CPU for an IB i7 CPU I start to have problems with intel IG. I simply couldn't get it run. After all articles about this new board (GA-H77N-WIFI) which should run almost OOTB even without an DSDT file, I pull the trigger and bought it. As the RAM is so cheap this days I changed my 8GB 1333MHz, for 16GB 1600MHz RAM. Full of joy I change all the HW components and expect an very easy installation of OS ...
But this third Hackintosh build was a "bag of hurt" :) for me, which I haven't before. I simply couldn't figure out what is wrong and why it sometimes boot and why the other time /more frequently/ don't boot.
Thanks to Hussar and the trick with one BIOS setting all seems to changed.

The Good
- I can use it again, without safe mode,or anything other, just as I was used before
- USB 3.0 is working for the first time as it should (copying one 6,9 GB mkv file to a flash drive took only 46 seconds)
- DVD player works OOTB if connected internally

The Bad
- sleep doesn't work
- my AHCI controller is unknown in "About this Mac"
- my CPU is unknown with no power management while booting, but I think this could change after 10.8.3 because of new HW from Apple
- my GeekBench score went down 1000 pt.

The Ugly
it's way cheaper than anything in this range from apple :)

There is for sure more to be checked,but I don't care that much, because it's not my "first" computer. I do my daily tasks on a MacMini, it's a great and very green machine. I turn my Hack only if I want to do something heavy,like video editing or encoding.

Can you tell me where can I disable VT-d in BIOS (GA-Z77X-UD5H) version F14? I cannot see any line like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back