Contribute
Register

10.8.2 fresh install AND unibeast problem??

Status
Not open for further replies.
yep i'm aware of the 6XXX install issues
I was booting with onboard HD4000

I unfortunately went back to lion since its my editing computer

Perhaps one you guys having the same problem could do it?
boot using -v see what you get take a photo

I've got the same problem, solved by updating BIOS…

for the GA-77X-UD5H i have the latest bios F14
I ever tried resetting CMOS and leaving the battery out for 30mins
although i only tried booting unibeast after this [which failed]
I didnt try installing the OS

Check out some of the things I've tried for my Asus G60VX, it may or may not help you.

I've had to do some things like disable the wireless network card in the bios and the boot parameters someone has posted in my thread has allowed me to boot without having to use -x.

I'm still having issues, but I have at least managed to install and get to the log in screen.
Trying from scratch as I couldn't log in.

Really interesting, I have the same problem, could not reach the desktop without booting into safe mode in unibeast. The installation went ok, but after that I couldn't boot /except 2-3 times/ to my ML installation without safe mode and the size of WRAM in "About this mac" is mostly 0 MB.
If I have 512MB I can boot normally and everything works ok, even HDMI audio and USB 3.0
I really would like to know what is wrong with our combination of HW

Attachments

• 0MB.jpg
    0MB.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 151
  • 512MB.jpg
    512MB.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 150
  • UniBeast.jpg
    UniBeast.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 139
i've been reading up on the issues
unfortunately i went back to Lion, because I my hackintosh is my work comp as well, so i cant take the time to test this out
but maybe you can

-try disabling vt-d in bios

-look at post #8 -->http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...gigabyte-z77x-up5-th-installation-issues.html
this dude has almost the same MB and the same problems-

the multibeast setting that caught my eye was adding a checkmark to [under miscellaneous] "nullcpupowermanagement"

lemme know if that works.

i've been reading up on the issues
unfortunately i went back to Lion, because I my hackintosh is my work comp as well, so i cant take the time to test this out
but maybe you can

-try disabling vt-d in bios

-look at post #8 -->http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...gigabyte-z77x-up5-th-installation-issues.html
this dude has almost the same MB and the same problems-

the multibeast setting that caught my eye was adding a checkmark to [under miscellaneous] "nullcpupowermanagement"

lemme know if that works.

If you would live closer to me, I would invite you for a couple of beers, you're my MAN !

The trick with BIOS really helped. I could install, set up my Hack and finally after MultiBeast and rebooting I could start without the need -x.
With CPU it's another story, the nullcpupowermanagement doesn't help, my CPU is still unknown, with no power management, but so far it looks good, I will check it more deeply tomorrow.

Thx for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back