GTX970
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I've done a bit of research on this but I am no expert so I was curious of any of you amazing people had any insight on this topic. I am a video editor and have been successfully using both the 560ti and the HD4000 simultaneously. The 560Ti powers my 23" cinema display (DVI) and a 50" HDTV (mini-HDMI) while the HD4000 powers the secondary ****ty vertical monitor(DVI). I have had no issues for a couple months with this setup and really enjoying the 3 screen configuration to edit and display full screen playback on the HDTV.

However, as of recently I now have all kinds of problems with random lockups and freezes. I've pinned the issue down to the graphics because any audio and/or hard drives will continue for minutes while I stare at frozen screens. I The only thing I changed in recent times was the "put hard disks to sleep when possible", but after two freezes and reboots I disabled that option (I don't think it was working anyway) and it hasn't been the same since. I don't know how that could be related, but it may have something to do with it. I also have the miniHDMI going through a HDMI switch before hitting the TV and occasionally that thing gets confused, but why should an outside switch have an effect on the entire machine's display output?

It is a wee bit annoying to find a locked up machine mid-edit without saving for a couple minutes and I'm curious if this is a common issue and if there are any workarounds or solutions.

You guys rock

PS: My sig is my machine and I've got Multibeast 5.2.1 with Chimera 2.0.1 and using GraphicsEnabler=No

Please post some console logs so we can help you.

I've done a bit of research on this but I am no expert so I was curious of any of you amazing people had any insight on this topic. I am a video editor and have been successfully using both the 560ti and the HD4000 simultaneously. The 560Ti powers my 23" cinema display (DVI) and a 50" HDTV (mini-HDMI) while the HD4000 powers the secondary ****ty vertical monitor(DVI). I have had no issues for a couple months with this setup and really enjoying the 3 screen configuration to edit and display full screen playback on the HDTV.

However, as of recently I now have all kinds of problems with random lockups and freezes. I've pinned the issue down to the graphics because any audio and/or hard drives will continue for minutes while I stare at frozen screens. I The only thing I changed in recent times was the "put hard disks to sleep when possible", but after two freezes and reboots I disabled that option (I don't think it was working anyway) and it hasn't been the same since. I don't know how that could be related, but it may have something to do with it. I also have the miniHDMI going through a HDMI switch before hitting the TV and occasionally that thing gets confused, but why should an outside switch have an effect on the entire machine's display output?

It is a wee bit annoying to find a locked up machine mid-edit without saving for a couple minutes and I'm curious if this is a common issue and if there are any workarounds or solutions.

You guys rock

PS: My sig is my machine and I've got Multibeast 5.2.1 with Chimera 2.0.1 and using GraphicsEnabler=No

Found this problem a while back, it effects 10.8.3 even more but if you are on the latest Nvidia drivers on 10.8.2 you will also receive this problem. Either use the Apple default 10.8.2 drivers which I'm pretty sure worked fine or go to this post and patching your AppleGraphicsPowerManagement Kext should do the trick :)

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...ermi-freeze-back-latest-drivers-10-8-3-a.html

Found this problem a while back, it effects 10.8.3 even more but if you are on the latest Nvidia drivers on 10.8.2 you will also receive this problem. Either use the Apple default 10.8.2 drivers which I'm pretty sure worked fine or go to this post and patching your AppleGraphicsPowerManagement Kext should do the trick :)

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...ermi-freeze-back-latest-drivers-10-8-3-a.html

Yep! This worked! Back to running like a charm.

Thank you so so much, I can't begin to explain the frustration this issue was causing me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back