2x AMD Profire D500
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi everyone,

I hope this is the correct place for this post, please let me know if it is not.

First, I own several Mac systems (Macbook Pro and newest is Mac Pro Late 2013) so I own all of the media and hardware that came with the systems or I upgraded to. I need to setup 10.7.x for application development but everything I have now is 10.10 (Apple deprecated several libraries I need which is why I need an older build system). I have seen where there have been successful Virtualbox installs of OSX but I am having issues and was wondering if there was a tutorial that was recent for this install.

Hardware I would like to use
--
Mac Pro Late 2013 on 10.10.2
Virtualbox 4.3.24
OSX 10.7.3 (I built an ISO back when this was installed)

I'm no so much worried about getting all the devices working in the VM nearly as much as the correct versions of Xcode (which I already have for this version) which I should be able to do with no issues.

My current problem with the install is it boots to a white screen (this is after using iBoot along with a few other Bootable ISO).

Any ideas what's going on with the completely white screen and should I be doing this another way?

TIA,
Max

parallels i think has a feature where you can install an older version of Mac OSX, I'm sure virtualbox CAN do it but you'd probably be better off using parallels. There's a free trial of it that lasts for about 14 days, and if you don't feel comfortable buying it from them you can buy it from Apple and I think BestBuy sells it..

But yeah I'm sure installing on virtualbox would be as hard has hackintoshing... hackintoshing a mac... lol..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back