Contribute
Register

10.7.5 Upgrade Kernel Panic Interpretation Reguest

Status
Not open for further replies.
10.7.5 Upgrade Kernel Panic Interpretation Request

Okay, I observed one thing incorrectly, my original 10.7.4 Unibeast installation USB actually gets the exact same Kernel Panic as the attempted start-up on my original root HD with the 10.7.5 upgrade.

So I know I must be missing something - without changing a single bios setting or system or hardware configuration why would both my main HD (10.7.5 upgrade) and my installation thumb drive (10.7.4) suddenly start ending with the same kernel panic on boot?

I'm not even certain what the IOAPIC is and what would cause it to hang at that same position in both start-up scenarios (having tried what seems like all relevant startup flags.

I been doing some research on this and all I can find to tell you to try is this boot with these flags which I imagine you tried but maybe not in this combination
PCIRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=No npci=0x2000 cpus=1 darkwake=0 -v
by the way it's case sensitive just in case you didn't know
i don't know if you're using a graphics card or not so that why I used no instead of yes if you aren't use yes if you are and it's nvidia use no
and IOAPCI stands for Input Output Advanced Programmable Controller Interrupt

Oh man, I really appreciate it. I tried these flags and got the same result. I suppose I can just try different combinations?

Also, going back to all my BIOS defaults did create a slightly different result in Unibeast USB drive, it got past the point when it was hanging, looked like it was going to load properly, got to the second apple gray screen (the one that kind of looks like cloth) but just stays there without ever getting to the installer.

That being said with default BIOS I still get the same error with my primary root drive. Is this slight variation in behavior after reverting the BIOS indicative of anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back