Contribute
Register

10.7.5 to 10.8.2 update GA-Z68XP-UD3, how to proceed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Lion 10.7.5
CPU
Core i7-2600K
Graphics
GIGABYTE ATI Radeon HD6870
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi Guys!
My Hackintosh is working fine with 10.7.5
I use time machine as backup.

I have been thinking of updating to the new version 10.8.2 but am a bit confused how to proceed. I have seen posts indicating a clean install is better. Other upgrade to 10.8 then to 10.8.2 with many troubles. Is there a "final" version of which is the best way to go? I use this Hackintosh to work so I cannot afford to have it down for a long period. I'm using the holidays to see if I update or not...
your help is appreciated.
Thanks,
Christian

Hi Guys!
My Hackintosh is working fine with 10.7.5
I use time machine as backup.

I have been thinking of updating to the new version 10.8.2 but am a bit confused how to proceed. I have seen posts indicating a clean install is better. Other upgrade to 10.8 then to 10.8.2 with many troubles. Is there a "final" version of which is the best way to go? I use this Hackintosh to work so I cannot afford to have it down for a long period. I'm using the holidays to see if I update or not...
your help is appreciated.
Thanks,
Christian

Your best bet:
Purchase/Download Mountain Lion install app. It will probably be for 10.8.2
Download UniBeast for Mountain Lion
Download MultiBeast for Mountain Lion, copy to a USB flash
With the ML install app in your app folder (check it it there just to make sure - Install OS X Mountain Lion.app)
Use UniBeast to create your ML Install UniBeast USB flash drive installer
Disconnect your drives and connect a clean drive
Boot the installer and install ML.
Connect your other drives and Migrate your files and settings.

Thanks for the instructions. No need to upgrade the firmware on the Mobo?
I have seen some posts on this...
Let me know...

Hi Guys,
I followd the procedure described above. Mountain Lion apparently installed ok. After the first boot, i booted from the installed drive (not the USB) and get the attached screen.
I wrote on the chimera screen:
GraphicsEnabler=No -x -v

Then the second time
PCIRootUID=0 -x -v

What could be the problem? any other ideas?
thanks!

Attachments

• Photo 2.jpg
    Photo 2.jpg
    311.5 KB · Views: 179
did you try PCIRootUID=1 ? i think i used flag options -x -v -f as well to get it go . i know it took me a few tries thats for sure

Hi Guys,
I followd the procedure described above.
What could be the problem? any other ideas?
thanks!

Sorry, left off boot with USB, select ML icon, run MultiBeast and install needed kexts and DSDT.

Thought you would know to do it without mentioning it.

Hi,
As mentioned I am able to boot with th USB and install ML ( takes like 30min). Then the system re-boots. I select to boot from th hard drive where I just installed the ML. It starts loading but never finishes. I hangs on the screen I attached before. It seems like its not detecting the video ( NVClockX: [Warining] no nVidia graphics adapters found). Note that I have removed as suggested, all periferials including the video card. Also re- installed the video card, and set GraphicsEnabled=yes and PCIRootUID=1 but had the exact same result.
I'm trying to avoid formatting the hard drive since I have the "old" version 10.7.5 there with my settings and software. Obviously I have a backup, so I can format and start from scratch. Any suggestions? I double checked the BIOS settings and they are as I had them running before, so that shouldn't be the issue...

Forgot to mention: I cannot get to Multibeast and install the need kexts and DSDT because after the first re-boot it hangs...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back