Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Updated as I usually would, ComboUpdate>Multibeast>Restart Was presented with my Apple screen loading :beachball: and then after about a few seconds Hit with a Black screen monitor just turns black?? :crazy: Not exactly sure what the deal is here. I haven't had this happen before from what I can remember, and Safe mode does not work. My only other option is manually replace files if I need to? If I even can. I'm at least hoping I can. I could always boot into Win7 and see the drive. Any suggestions?

Any suggestions? I looked through the forum and didn't find anything relating to my problem :|

seems like a gpu driver problem.. the last time that happened to me was when i was doing some kext editing to get my gtx 560ti 448 and 210gt to work together.
I just faked a lion installation to get back in and then I redid the gtx5xx enabler

and quartzx to get it to work again.

mputtr said:
seems like a gpu driver problem.. the last time that happened to me was when i was doing some kext editing to get my gtx 560ti 448 and 210gt to work together.
I just faked a lion installation to get back in and then I redid the gtx5xx enabler

and quartzx to get it to work again.

Thanks, I will give it a try. Now what you mean by Faking a lion install, youre talking about using iBoot and get into Lion that way and then use MultiBeast, Because I tried using my Unibeast Flash Install to run DiskUtillities and maybe that would help, but It just restarted again with the black screen.

what i did was simply did an install of lion via unibeast and waited till the install is done. by that time i can get into the system without the screens blacking out on me and there I removed the crap i screwed up and redid it properly.

mputtr said:
what i did was simply did an install of lion via unibeast and waited till the install is done. by that time i can get into the system without the screens blacking out on me and there I removed the crap i screwed up and redid it properly.

Oh ok, well will see what happens. Thanks.

mputtr said:

Oh and my thing is, I can't do another reinstall or I'll loose all of my stuff, I don't have a backup. I mean I have most of my stuff backed up on my Macbook Pro, but I didn't want to have to reinstall again. There's no other way of getting back is there?

Anthonyx82x said:
mputtr said:

Oh and my thing is, I can't do another reinstall or I'll loose all of my stuff, I don't have a backup. I mean I have most of my stuff backed up on my Macbook Pro, but I didn't want to have to reinstall again. There's no other way of getting back is there?

Try booting with PCIRootUID=1. If that works, then you can apply that fix using MultiBeast.

Anthonyx82x said:
mputtr said:

doing the reinstall will not make you lose anything. just don't format the drive. treat it like you're installing over the current installation.

beelzebozo said:
Anthonyx82x said:
mputtr said:

Try booting with PCIRootUID=1. If that works, then you can apply that fix using MultiBeast.

Just stayed on the Loading screen, never went past that :/ I can try that other step of reinstalling, but I really don't want it to install over my stuff, I would think if you reinstall over the current install it would actually in theory erase everything?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back