Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte
CPU
i7-4790k
Graphics
Intel
Hey All,

Ever since updating to Lion, i've been having some random Panic issues. They seems to happen in clusters, a few a day, and then nothing for a few weeks.

Does Lion log Kernel Panics? They're happening during regular use, not startup.

I've tried to search for this but i can't figure it out.

Thanks in advance.

I think only real Macs will write the kernel panic to the drive, to view them on a hackintosh you'll have to boot with the the following kernel flag:

debug=0x144

it will display the panic on screen instead of just telling you to reboot.

Is there a way to make it so my computer boots with this flag automatically? The panics are random, and i KNOW they'll happen the one time i forget.

Thanks!

yes, open your /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist and add it under the Kernel Flags section, here's what mine looks like, notice I also have npci=0x2000 which you might not need, just add the the debug part:

Code:
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>npci=0x2000 debug=0x144</string>

Thanks for that useful hint!

Do you also have another one for this?:

I experience random "blue screens", actually my display changes to a blue slightly textured surface and it seems that it´s not only the output of the graphics card failing as I can´t access the machine via blind keyboard commands. The only way out is a forced reboot.

I assume it is some kind of hardware issue with the graphics card as my second identical machine does not show this behavior (nor does this one with swapped graphics cards), but I couldn´t find any log files giving detailed informations.

Cheers, SH

sounds like windowserver crash, can you take a picture? what OS do you have?

SG- said:

I will when it crashes again.
(Un)fortunately it crashes randomly (last time was about a week ago) and only when I don´t want it to :cool:
I´m on 10.7.4 right now.
Does the windowserver log events in a crash log?

I´ll report back...

yes, if it crashes and the rest of the machine is fine, it should log the crash. if you have another computer on your network that you can use when it does that, see if you can ping your hackintosh and see if it responds.

SG- said:

Here we go with the picture. (Unfortunately I could not try to ping it this time.)

Foto 3.JPG

Attachments

• Foto 3.JPG
    Foto 3.JPG
    694.2 KB · Views: 87
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back