Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Z77X-UD5H
CPU
i5-3570K
Graphics
HD4000
Hi,

I'm having real trouble getting my machine to recognise my Belkin F5D7000 card (Version 1134), which has a broadcom chip that reads 'BCM4308KFB'. I'm on 10.7.4 straight from the app store, 3570k, Z77x-UD5H, and have tried just about everything I can find on google.

Is anybody able to help? I can't even get the airport icon to show up in the menu bar.

Just look around for any kexts relating to it. Backup your HDD and reboot, its all trial and error. Unless theres a specific kext for that card. BTW I have the same CPU and a Z77 board. How did you upgrade to 10.7.4?? When I try to the system reboots immediately after selecting my drive?? I installed Bridge Helper before i rebooted after updates... any help?

I didn't actually upgrade. I used the 10.7.4 straight from the app store.

noisyboy said:
Hi,
I'm having real trouble getting my machine to recognise my Belkin F5D7000 card (Version 1134), which has a broadcom chip that reads 'BCM4308KFB'. I'm on 10.7.4 straight from the app store, 3570k, Z77x-UD5H, and have tried just about everything I can find on google.
The starting point is the device_id for the Broadcom chip. You will find it with IOReg/RP?? or with lspci. Older Broadcom wireless could be enabled by adding the device_id to the appropriate kext. More recent Broadcomm cards can be enabled with the device-id and rebranding the card to Apple (requires patching the firmware). There may not be any way to enable the latest Broadcom wireless cards if they not Apple branded. Atheros (AR9285) requires only a dsdt edit to enable making it a better choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back